Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
As part of the Transportation Division in Vancouver, the Ports and Marine Department specializes in marine infrastructure and coastal engineering. We provide a full range of engineering services to local, national and international clients. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Marine Structures Engineer (Ports & Marine) to join our growing team. Reporting to the Marine Structures Group Leader, your primary role will be to assist project teams to manage and deliver marine infrastructure projects for our clients, ranging from small local inspections, to delivering large infrastructure projects.
- Analysis and design of marine structures including: suspended deck structures, berthing and mooring dolphins, access trestles, jetties, sheet pile walls and timber structures;
- Preparation of technical specifications and tender documents for marine work packages;
- Development of conceptual options, preliminary designs and engineering sketches to support feasibility studies;
- Condition assessment and load rating analysis of existing structures;
- Preparation of written deliverables such as reports and technical notes;
- Coordinating drawing development with other technical staff and completing drawing reviews;
- Reviewing project documentation to check clarity, accuracy, consistency in presentation, and compliance with project specifications and applicable standards;
- Undertaking site inspections for existing structures and current construction projects;
- Managing project scope, schedule and finances;
- Liaising with Clients on existing projects and pursuing new project opportunities;
- Providing leadership and direction to Junior Engineers and/or Technicians.
- Working collaboratively to assist other project team members, and to incorporate input from other parts of the business on multi-disciplinary projects;
- Maintaining good working relationships with internal project support groups.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in design of marine infrastructure;
- Registered with APEGBC, or eligible for registration;
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from a recognized institution;
- A functional understanding of typical marine design considerations for steel and concrete structures, soil/structure interaction and marine environmental loading;
- Possess project management skills and have experience in successfully delivering marine infrastructure projects;
- Familiar with structural analysis software such as STAAD Pro, SAP2000 or similar;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive, collaborative approach;
- Fluent in English with excellent written and oral communication;
- Familiar with marine design codes and standards.
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.