Do you consider yourself a Windows Server SME? Are you the go-to person when your company has Windows issues that no one else can figure out? Do you want to be part of a team that could teach you a thing or two? Then Fivesky is very interested to speak with you, our next Windows Systems Engineer.
Who you are:
What you've done:
- Graduated with a BS/MS or equivalent, preferably in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE, Math, Physics)
- A very technical, senior, SME in networking, core infrastructure, with the ability to pull it all together, knows Splunk and can connect all of the dots in between and improve the organization.
- You are comfortable navigating with all levels including senior management throughout the firm.
- Worked on high-available systems within the financial services sector
What you will do:
- Intimate knowledge of Windows Server platforms and Windows administration.
- Set up VMware /Citrix
- Understand networking/design skills which include things like routing, switching, Ethernet, F5, TCP/IP, packet trace and analysis
Skills we require:
- Work with other teams and colleagues, reviewing, analyzing and debugging Windows, networks, systems and, applications issues to prevent future ones.
- Create documentation that gives guidance, creates standards and procedures, product assessments, and training material the includes (application and infrastructure support teams)
- Serve as the technical resource and provide technical knowledge in outage management and solutions improving user experience.
- Windows Server expertise
- Citrix, VMware
- Log search and analysis (Splunk, regex)
- Experience troubleshooting networks
- Packet tracing (Wireshark) and TCP/IP
- It would be awesome if you had scripting skills for automation (PowerShell, Python, Perl or Ruby)
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in New York. The salary is open based on experience and qualifications.