At GHSP, we serve our customers, our owners, our communities, our suppliers and each other through the values that define us as a company: Earn Trust, Learn by Doing, Work Together, and Steward the Legacy of our founders.
GHSP is built on relationships, both within the company and with customers around the world. We offer a place where the investments people make in the future of their company are rewarded by the investments the company makes in them. A place where innovation and creativity can grow. A place where collaboration and teamwork flourish. A place where you can do what you love and make a living doing it.
That place is GHSP. Go there!
About The Open Position
GHSP, a global Mechatronics organization, is currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Headquarters team in Grand Haven, Michigan.
About the Position
Plans, organizes, and directs technical work involving new and existing product designs and product developments. Translates product requirements into manufacturable product designs through product development activities. You will be part of the Mechanical Engineering team primarily responsible for creating mechanical designs for the Automotive HMI and Appliance HMI markets, providing technical expertise and leadership in support of the program team. You will be responsible for projects at all phases from concept to development and through launch.
Primary responsibilities for this position involve:
- Work is moderately complex and difficult in character and requires Program/Project Management skills.
- This is the first career level in the progression and it is expected that all competent professionals will develop to this level. Functioning as a highly competent engineer, work requires independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of standard company procedures, and translation of technical guidance from higher level personnel into data applicable to the particular assignment. May be assisted by Level I engineer. Decisions involve moderate risk to the organization, although results may have a long-lasting impact. Primarily involves intermediate through advanced level work, moving toward complete technical competency and mastery of the field.
- Develops product designs in support of program objectives.
Releases and manages prototype and production product prints resulting from product development activities. Verifies success of Product Engineering with the use of engineering analysis tools, including: finite element analysis, tolerance analysis, mold flow analysis, prototyping, metrology evaluation, design of experiments, DFMEA, DVP&R, and other available engineering analysis tools. Validates product designs by developing validation test plans, analyzing prototype builds, and successfully completing design qualification and production validation testing activities.
Leads product design and review activities by researching and benchmarking product designs. Ensures the timely, accurate, and successful translation of product design requirements into manufacturable product designs. Verifies and validates all product designs and design changes with appropriate engineering analysis and testing.
- Monitors and controls objectives, costs, and timetables.
Ensures that internal and external design development requirements are met relative to design goals, product cost, and delivery schedules. Manages all product designs, prints, bills of materials, engineering analyses, prototyping, verification activities, and validation activities in terms of specifications, resources, timing, and costs per the program objectives.
- Plans, organizes, and directs technical work involving new and existing product design and development.
Leads new order acquisition and engineering change activities by establishing world class and manufacturable product designs that meet all internal and external customer requirements at the lowest cost. Verifies, and is responsible for, successful product development against internal and external standards via engineering analysis, prototyping, FMEA's, benchmarking, and testing. Ensures manufacturability and optimization of product designs through design reviews, things gone wrong reviews, and design for manufacturability reviews. Ensures customer satisfaction by meeting deadlines, managing product changes, while optimizing product cost.
Are You A Good Fit For This Job?
You could be right for this job if you have:
- 6 + years experience in automotive, appliance, or similar industry
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Skilled in microsoft office tools
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience packaging electronic components such as PCB's, displays, sensors, and light panels
- Experience with with plastic injection molded part design
- Innovative - able to generate and champion new ideas and initiatives, go beyond the status quo
- Qualified candidates should submit an electronic resume on the company website: www.ghsp.com