We believe that cultivating a deeper sense of loyalty and belonging is key to how we attract and retain our best people. By embracing our diverse experiences and views, we are better positioned to deliver results, create innovations that matter, and thrive in today’s changing world. This reality inspires our Inclusion & Diversity vision, We Are More Together, and guides our approach as we all work toward creating great places where our teams work and thrive.
We have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Test Engineer/Technician to join our team in Wayne, NJ. Test Engineer/Technicians perform routine and complex work related to the testing of electrical and mechanical equipment and components. Tektronix will invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current in the field. The work environment is fast-paced, high-energy and professionally rewarding.
- Responsible for setup and conducting testing on below:
o Shock testing
o Vibration Testing
o Package testing
o Utilizing accelerometers, analyzers, and controllers
o Temperature testing
o Humidity testing
- Responsible for preparing reports on testing performed.
- Interact with employees and customers on a daily basis.
- Responsible for reading and interpreting military and commercial specifications.
- Achieves customer satisfaction though completion of testing services within expected timeframes
- Accurately enters data into database
- Performs final inspection of work completed by other technicians
- Completes all documentation supporting customer requirements, reporting, ISO and other quality systems.
- Interacts with customer for items that has test failures.
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on test equipment
- Acts as a technical subject matter expert in multiple test disciplines
- Validates new test processes
- Application and understanding of Quality protocols
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Associates degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or a minimum of 3-5 years equivalent experience.
- Mechanical background required.
- Experience with a minimum of one of the below:
o vibration/shock testing.
o package testing.
o temperature/humidity testing.
o Other testing considered.
o Ability to perform mechanical and electrical setups.
- Exhibits meticulous attention to detail and is committed to producing accurate and high-quality work.
- Understanding of ISO 9001 quality system requirements required.
- Excellent work ethic and ability to work multiple tasks interchangeably.
- Solid communication skills.
- Able to work a flexible schedule with occasional overtime.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: MS Word and Excel required.
- Must have demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Capable of lifting (50 pounds) required.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills with employees and customers at all levels.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Person status required.
- Environmental test & equipment usage per MIL-STD 810, 883 & 750 requirements for testing microcircuits & semiconductor devices, or automotive equivalent (SAE, ASTM, etc.).
- Electrical test setup and experience operating Network & Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters, Signal Sources, Amplifiers, Oscilloscopes & Digital Multi-meters.
- Able to design, construct & document electrical, electro-mechanical & mechanical test fixturing.
- Experience with fixture design a plus.
When you join Tektronix and Fortive, you will
work in an extraordinary team, learning with and from great people, where
diversity and inclusion is celebrated. You will have the opportunity to do work
that makes a difference in the world. You will be trusted and empowered to
contribute in meaningful ways with visibility and accountability. We are
obsessed with our customers and have a commitment to transparency, unending
learning and growth to accelerate progress and innovation. Join us for the
excitement of a startup with a history of success! For You. For Us. For Growth.
This position's primary/essential functions are subject to US Government ITAR compliance requirements under current government contracts. Therefore, all applicants must be either a US Citizen or a holder of a current valid Green Card and must provide proof of citizenship or legal residency via a birth certificate, a current valid green card, unexpired passport, or a naturalization certificate. We encourage applicants to bring such proof to their interview. However, in no case will applicants be allowed to begin their scope of work in this specific position without providing such proof.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and if applicable a motor vehicle record search and/or financial record check.
Candidates with less education/experience may be considered for other opportunities.
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
Tektronix is a place where people are challenged to explore the boundaries of what’s possible, bringing the digital future one step closer every day. Our work accelerates technological breakthroughs that are revolutionizing culture and industry worldwide. Through precision-engineered measurement solutions, we work with our customers to eliminate the barriers between inspiration and realization of world-changing technologies. Realize your true potential at Tektronix – join us in revolutioneering a better tomorrow.
"The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation."