This position involves all aspects of designing, simulating, and developing Analog electronic design circuits for measurement and testing equipment. The successful candidate will complete tasks in Radian’s new product development process from initial concepts through production release. They will also provide ideas for future product enhancements and support to existing products. As a development engineer, the person holding this position will be a key contributor to multiple projects and could have the opportunity to work directly with Radian’s key customers.
- Design, analyze, develop, build and test circuits for various products, sub-systems and test stands.
- Participate on cross-functional and interdepartmental teams to develop new products.
- Derive detailed specification documents from higher level documents.
- Design, execute and produce documentation suitable for product validation and verification test procedures.
- Produce documentation and test procedures suitable for internal production and vendor outsourcing.
- Design, build, prototype, and analyze new and existing technology for functional and economic application in new and existing products.
- Support and design improvements for existing products, as needed.
- Other as required
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent degree.
- Extensive experience in energy metering or precision analog instrumentation will be a strong plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in analog hardware design required
- Using laboratory test equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
- Analog circuit design, analysis and simulation, including, but not limited to operational amplifiers, power amplifiers, A/D and D/A converters, all ideally with precision and stable performance requirements
- FPGA digital logic development in VHDL
- Digital logic and digital circuits
- Embedded systems design (e.g. ARM processors)
- Firmware design and/or Instrumentation transformer design a plus
- Thorough understanding of Board Level Schematics and Layout
- Integrating systems
- Basic understanding of project management principles
- Stage/gate new product development processes
- Technical documentation creation and control
- Excellent written and verbal skills as well as organizational and problem-solving skills
- Working with others in a highly collaborative team-based environment
- Experience with 3 phase electrical power systems
- Experience with high accuracy instrumentation design
- Design experience with low noise voltage and current amps, switching and linear power supplies, and transformers.
- Grounding / Shielding / Isolation techniques
- Knowledge of Calibration and Traceability issues
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please be advised U.S Citizen/U.S. Resident is a requirement for the position. In compliance with Federal Law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location