Our client is looking to hire an IT Network Analyst II in Killdeer, ND. This person will function as the Field Network Specialist and have responsibility for the management of the field and office network (microwave, radio, wireless & wired).
· The primary role and responsibilities are to manage the implementation of field network solutions that are aligned with business needs and sound architectural principles.
Key responsibilities of this role include network support, project management of network projects and initiatives, and technical leadership in a wide variety of network technologies and solutions. Must be able to clearly communicate technical solutions in business terms, with a fundamental understanding of ROI, cost/benefit, risk, and value.
Vendor Management - The position also has responsibility engaging and managing strategic vendor relationships, managing vendor work and building strategic network infrastructure roadmaps in conjunction with our partners.
This individual will work closely with other system engineers\analysts, IT service managers and IT leadership to provide appropriate business solutions that are cost-effective, strategically aligned, and architecturally sound. Additionally, this individual will work closely with the rest of the Infrastructure team to ensure that solutions are delivered on time and according to technical specifications. Must develop and maintain solid professional relationships with the IT team as well as key business stakeholders.
Field Network, Technical Leadership, Vendor Management:
· Maintain knowledge of current and future field network solutions and technologies.
· Ensure sound technology roadmaps and lifecycles for field network solutions and systems.
· Provide technical documentation on field network architecture, standards, configurations, and principles.
· Meet with business stakeholders as well as IT leadership to represent the Network Service team.
· Ensure strong focus on innovation and speed-to-value.
· Work with vendors and 3rd parties to supplement resources where needed.
· Ensure service levels for network incident management and project support are met or exceeded.
· Maintain strong communications with and report on status of all network initiatives to IT leadership.
· Manage relationships with and service delivery from key vendors.
Field Network Delivery:
· Support enterprise standards for network technologies and solutions.
· Ensure new technologies and solutions are scalable, reliable, and secure.
· Commitment to following our client Project Process.
· Manage implementation of enterprise network solutions, often with shared resources.
· Ensure implementation milestones and deadlines are met or exceeded.
· Ensure transparency and reporting of business case results and Key Performance Indicators for network projects.
· Ensure change management processes and procedures are followed.
Problem Management of Field Network Systems and Technologies:
· Act as an escalation point for Network, Applications, and System Engineering teams.
· Own and manage multiple problem records related to network technologies.
· Follow our client processes for incident, problem and change management (ITIL).
· Respond to business-critical emergencies both during and after business hours.
· Minimum degree B.S. (Business, Computer Science, Engineering Management or related) or equivalent work experience/ certifications in related discipline.
· Professional certifications including Cisco, PMI, ITIL, etc. preferred but not required.
· 3+ years of progressively responsible positions in field network engineering and technical roles.
· 3+ years implementing enterprise or field network solutions.
· Working knowledge of a Cisco/Microsoft based environment.
· Experience with enterprise network solutions, including WAN/LAN technologies, firewalls, switches and routers, voice and VOIP, etc.
· Experience with TCP/IP, protocols and services, OSI model, and IEEE standards and services.
· Experience with WAN and Internet protocols and services.
· Experience with Cisco routers, switching products.
· Experience in wireless technologies and services with emphasis on Cisco products and services.
· Proven experience with vendor and carrier management.
· Exceptional organizational skills with proven ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills, with the ability to clearly articulate technical information in business terms.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to drive for results while maintaining positive working relationships.
· Strong decision-making skills with ability to analyze and assess the impact of the decisions on our client’s stated business goals and objectives.
Will hire at level commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time