This is a contract position for our client in the natural gas industry. This position can require up to 75% travel time. Field experience in the natural gas industry is preferred.
- Lead, manage and assure compliance with the Company's commissioning process guidelines, policies, and procedures, as well as industry standards to ensure project quality delivery.
- Champion all Company policies and procedures including but not limited to Safety, Regulatory, Environmental, etc. Care enough to act on identified gaps in execution of procedures up to and including “Stop Work” authority. Exercise situational awareness over all site activities including construction, commissioning, operations, and any other activities on and off site.
- Work under the Commissioning Manager’s direction for commissioning activities and creating required commissioning documents. Includes requesting needed documents from engineering and construction (i.e. control philosophies, cause-effect documents, POs, P&IDs, electrical drawings, etc.).
- Develop and maintain commissioning schedules, working with scheduling personnel from contractors, subs, and project controllers; Ensure logic is accurate and that the flow of activities required is effectively communicated
- Review and approve contractor pre-commissioning and turnover plans and schedules
- Receive vendor commissioning documents and coordinate their activities in conjunction with construction; update and maintain vendor documents for each project
- Develop commissioning scopes and request quotes for commissioning activities if required. Send to Project Team for review and submission for PO or CO. Effectively communicate project expectations to team members in a timely and clear fashion
- Establish and run regular monthly, weekly, or daily commissioning meetings depending on site activities and timing. Deliver progress reports; maintain good communication throughout the project to all key personnel
- Manage site pre-commissioning, commissioning, and performance testing of systems and the turnover of the commissioned facility to Integration, Operations, and Maintenance in accordance with the commissioning process and schedules.
- Compile or assist in compiling all turnover documentation, operations manuals, commissioning documentation (Plans, Forms, Sign-offs, etc.), copies of as-builts, vendor commissioning forms, and software discs for turnover to Integration, Operations, and Maintenance personnel, and make sure all IT Systems and Networks are updated
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and develop contingency plans working with the project team
- Ensure that all required on-the-job training and technical support during commissioning are in place prior to and during commissioning. Work with Integration to ensure any follow-up training is established for turnover of the Project to Integration, Operations, & Maintenance.
- Coordinate and/or assist in coordinating lessons learned meetings (project postmortems (Gate 5)) and create a recommendation report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Assist Commissioning Manager in developing best practices and tools for project commissioning to improve the process and commissioning procedures
- Recognize challenges and issues that impact commissioning, documenting them appropriately, identifying and executing solutions to those challenges and issues; Exercise independent judgment to initiate solutions producing multiple, alternative solutions
Job Type: Contract
- natural gas industry: 3 years (Preferred)
- Commissioning: 10 years (Required)