Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, the Production Control Planner is responsible for applying materials to customer orders and ensuring needed start material is available. Working in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment the Production Control Planner will be responsible for, balancing production and inventory levels with demand to support inventory targets, customer service levels, and capacity utilization/staffing requirements. This role will also be tasked to hold the plant accountable to following the defined scheduling while maintaining required production levels.
- Apply material to customer orders and ensure needed start material is available in order to meet customer demands.
- Engineer cut pans as needed to fill customer demands.
- Create proactive and reactive status updates for customers.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate weekly/daily schedules targeted at achieving/exceeding on-time performance and reducing late orders throughout the supply chain.
- Anticipate flow path problems/constraints and implement resolutions, develop aggregated master production schedules for finished goods based on lead-times, capacity limitations, and material availability.
- Identify the need to outsource any work and facilitate that activity.
- Work collaboratively with internal departments to analyze, identify, and resolve on time performance issues/problems.
- Coordinate, expedite, and facilitate production flow throughout the plant operations.
- Ensure timely availability of material, reporting any delays to management.
- Coordinate the quality review of material to assure they meet order requirements prior to shipment
- All other tasks assigned by the Supply Chain Director.
- Advanced Excel Knowledge.
- High energy level.
- Flexibility and adaptability to the demand and requirements of a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills, very detailed oriented, and extremely organized.
- Associates Degree in Business, Materials Management or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- 0-3 years experience in Scheduling, Demand Planning, Production Control, Purchasing or Procurement, Supply Planning, or Materials Management.
- Broad knowledge of materials planning, product allocation, scheduling, production control and manufacturing processes.
Experience utilization an MRP System