The Data Warehouse Architect / ETL Developer primary responsibility is to maintain and support data environments supporting the Symmetry Lending organization. The Data Warehouse Architect / ETL Developer works with technical and business teams on the ingestion, ETL processing, hosting, and visualization of source data sets for reporting and integration purposes. The Data Warehouse Architect / ETL Developer architects, designs and maintains the enterprise data warehouse and associated business intelligence environments including operational data stores, data marts, and metadata repositories. The Data Warehouse Architect / ETL Developer understands the business definitions, data flow, data transformations and database locations of all data including staging, data mart and data warehouse environments.
The successful candidate will be a curious, detail-oriented, analytical thinker with excellent SQL skills who can consider multiple options, exercise good judgement, make decisions, and maintain good client relations. Individuals who have previous experience in decision support and data warehousing in financial services and lending environments are highly desired.
- Participate in the entire lifecycle for Business Intelligence Solution Delivery.
- Create and manage environments, ETL processes, dimensional data modeling, reports, and visualizations as required.
- Maintain and support company data marts and data warehouse including ETL interfaces.
- Design and develop OLAP Cubes and Tabular models using Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Establish design standards and procedures for both OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Work closely with business analysts, reporting and analytics to verify data requirements and accuracy
- Adhere to all corporate policies and procedures
- Comply with company policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, and investor guidelines.
- Ensures all applicable internal NPI policies and procedures are followed and confidentiality of borrower information is maintained.
- Build, maintain and support various departmental, financial, investor and regulatory reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Adhere to best practices, standards and procedures as defined by Symmetry IT
- Create various document artifacts including business requirements and technical design documents as defined by SDLC
Qualifications / Requirements
- 5+ years design and development experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- 5+ years architecting OLAP data solutions
- 5+ years development experience designing and creating dimensional data models
- 5+ years ETL design and development experience with SSIS
- 5+ years working with data modeling tools such as ER/Studio and/or Erwin DM
- 3+ years architecting OLTP data solutions
- 2-5 years development experience with SSRS and/or Power BI
- Strong technical analysis and design skills
- Strong experience following and adhering to SDLC processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required for this position
Symmetry Lending, specializes in providing mortgage fulfillment services to include origination, servicing, and capital markets needs to various Lenders across the country with whom we partner. We have offices in Atlanta, GA, Eden Prairie, MN, Greenwood Village, CO, Orlando, FL, and Yorba Linda, CA, and we do business from coast to coast. We take great pride in building a diverse team of motivated professionals that contribute to an exciting work atmosphere. We provide a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plan options, paid time off, and more.
California Disclosure - Applicant Notice at Collection
This disclosure is intended to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), which gives California residents who are applicants of Symmetry Lending (“Symmetry”) the right to know what categories of personal information Symmetry collects about them and the purposes for which Symmetry uses that information. As used in this Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, the categories of personal information identified below if such information identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household.
The following is a list of the categories of Personal Information that we may collect about consumers:
- Identifiers. This may include a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, , or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information described in the California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). This may include a name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, education, employment, or employment history.
- Biometric information. This may include voice and video recordings.
- Sensory data. This may include audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, including photos.
- Professional or employment-related information. This may include current or past job history or compensation data.
We may use the categories of Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- To perform reference checks, for contact purposes, to assess your qualification for employment, and to conduct health screenings as allowed by OSHA and the CDC to protect the safety of our employees during pandemic situations.
- To comply with laws and regulations, including but not limited to anti-discrimination, immigration, labor and employment, and social welfare laws.
- For security or the prevention, detection, or investigation of fraud, suspected or actual illegal activity, violations of company policy or rules, or other misconduct.
- To comply with civil, criminal, judicial, or regulatory inquiries, investigations, subpoenas, or summons.
- To comply with all licensing requirements necessary for our business operations, including state exam audits.
- To exercise or defend the legal rights of Symmetry and its employees, affiliates, customers, contractors, and agents.
- To seek advice from lawyers, auditors, or other professional advisors.
If Symmetry uses Personal Information of an applicant for a purpose materially different than those disclosed in this notice, Symmetry will notify the applicant and obtain explicit consent from the applicant to use the Personal Information for this new purpose.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Yorba Linda, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19