Position Description: Lead Software Developer
Description: As lead developer, you will be part of a cross-functional team with other developers, designers, and architects. Each person on the team is empowered to make decisions and enjoys great latitude in choosing the right tools and methods for the job. The existing product comprises of several services that is helping transform the financial service sector. The solution will be morphed into a stand-alone product to drive disruption industry-wide.
Location – Remote to start with occasional work in the Montreal, QC office.
- You direct and implement solutions to moderately complex, loosely scoped problems that are aligned with your team's goals. You deliver projects independently or by leading your teammates to do so.
- You are comfortable both leading and following.
- Your work extends to many parts of a product or system.
- You enable other engineers on your team to be successful. You are generous with your time and experience, and can mentor other engineers.
- You understand that being an effective software engineer is about communicating with people as much as it is about writing code. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are willing to work with and improve code you did not originally write.
- You are flexible with languages and tools and are willing to learn whatever is necessary to get the job done.
- By default write testable code and are comfortable writing unit tests and mentoring other developers on unit testing.
- 5-7 years professional software development experience designing, developing, and testing complex solutions.
- Substantial experience with Java and Python
- Substantial experience with SQL; experience with NoSQL is a plus
- Substantial experience with Amazon Web Services; Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure experience is a plus
- Experience with microservices is highly preferred
- Experience with containerized application deployments, especially using Docker, is highly preferred.
- Experience with setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with large-scale data systems is highly preferred.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Computer Science is an assest
INVOKE is a leading consulting firm specialized in business transformation through intelligent automation. Servicing mid-market organizations to some of the largest in the world, INVOKE implements a wide range of services and solutions in Robotic Process Automation, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Optical Character Recognition, Block Chain, and more to provide its clients with a balance of business consulting and deep technical expertise. With a relentless focus on customer success and value generation translating into customer-oriented offerings such as Team-as-a-Service and Robotics-as-a-Service, we lower the barrier of entry and significantly speed up the automation journey.
INVOKE is a member of IN-RGY Group.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home