Environmental Health and Safety Engineer - Austin, TX
(Notice Ref ATX20-QHSE2)
If you’re considering being part of a new exciting industrial project, in a fast-growing, innovation-driven and
international stimulating environment, there’s never been a better time to join us!
Capsum is a French Third-Party Manufacturer, founded in 2008, using unique multi-patented technologies and
processes called Microfluidics, to produce game-changing skincare and makeup, in the form of pearls and bubbles.
With a double-digit growth since inception, Capsum operates a successful philosophy centered on customer’s
satisfaction, continuous inventions and high-end quality in a state of the art under construction sustainable facility,
based in Austin, Texas.
customer first, enjoyment of work, financial stability, integrity, teamwork. Those values are at the
cornerstone of our corporate culture and every CAPSUM associate is considered an integral part of the Team.
Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
The Environmental Health and Safety Engineer is responsible to guiding the company safety and environmental
policies and programs. The EHS Engineer will also provide support companywide to ensure a safe workplace, and
compliance with all health, safety and environmental regulations and policies.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local environmental and safety regulations.
- Develop, implement and maintain safety contingency plans (fires, spills, etc.)
- Review state and federal regulations, environmental periodicals, etc., to determine applicability of
regulations to plant site.
- Develop safety and environmental related procedures, training materials and assist in implementation.
- Review plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure that they meet safety
- Promote safety and environmental awareness to all plant personnel through training and other
- Managing waste storage areas and associated labeling.
- Managing costs associated with waste disposal.
- Maintain record keeping requirements of EPA, OSHA, and other relevant compliance matters.
- Assist in the preparation of information requested by inspectors both before and after regulatory
- Review and maintain all material safety data sheets.
- Work with cross-functional teams to conduct EHS related investigations, identify root causes, and present
- Conduct safety audits.
- Conduct and document thorough accident, incident, and “near-miss” investigations, and provide
recommendations for process, procedure or equipment changes to eliminate future occurrences.
- Administer all required emergency evacuation drills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Working Relationships/Key Stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to appropriately communicate information to
cross functional stakeholders and external agencies
- Team player with the ability to work across multiple functions, cultures and disciplines
- Positive and constructive attitude
- Be accountable displaying high levels of integrity
- Able to work collaboratively with other departments and personnel to achieve goals
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in interpreting, applying, and documenting federal, state and
local safety and environmental regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of environmental hazards and safety disciplines with
experience in safety, environmental compliance and industrial hygiene
- B.S. Chemical, Environmental Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a cGMP manufacturing environment (cosmetics, or pharma preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in the design, development, and general operational oversight of environmental,
health and safety disciplines
Motivated and ready to commit in a fast-growing innovative company? Send your application at
email@example.com (specify the notice reference).
Capsum is committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity is celebrated. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.