SUMMARY : Directs activities of workers engaged in operating and maintaining facilities and equipment in project facilities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors to comply with customer and corporate directives to ensure statutory, regulatory, contractual and corporate obligations are fulfilled. Will also be a liaison between the customer and Urban Services Group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct control over all day-to-day aspects of the contract. Exercises broad latitude for independent judgment and discretion without direct or intermediate supervision.
- Directly interfaces with the customer in a manner that promotes effective communication.
- Communicates customer needs, suggestions and opinions to appropriate corporate staff. Serves as the primary link between the customer and the company.
- Provides objective insight and expertise critical to the development of a responsive operating project.
- Ensures that all emergencies are responded to immediately.
- Implements the Quality Control (QC) Program for the project.
- Sets QC standards for each service area.
- Verifies customer satisfaction and resolves complaints.
- Conducts inspections to assure that quality and performance is in conformance with contract.
- Implements systematic and effective operational techniques and workflow procedures that will enhance efficiency and quality. Follows up on system to verify compliance.
- Establishes, monitors and implements training programs. Verifies their effectiveness.
- Ensures associate productivity meets minimum of 90% efficiency.
- Ensures the on-site Operations Manual and BOP is maintained and up to date.
- Produces reports and maintain records of all inspections performed and ensures all records/reports are filed.
- Serves as on-site Contract Administrator, responsible for all matters pertaining to contract operations.
- Interprets contract specifications and translates outcome into workforce efforts.
- Establishes objectives required to accomplish the performance of the contract.
- Delegates responsibilities to subordinate management/supervisors.
- Establishes clear organizational structure and chain-of-command that will accomplish all contract requirements.
- Verifies that each entity operates within this structure.
- Initiates and completes change order requests to a pre-authorized level.
- Provides training suggestions and/or revisions to the Project Manager for review prior to submittal.
- Responsible for the safe operation of all elements of the project and monitors effectiveness of training.
- Establishes and maintains an effective cost control system.
- Manages project expenditures within authorized budget limits.
- Responsible for all purchasing actions up to the limits as stated in the Operations Manual.
- Negotiates original and follow-on subcontract agreements as to price and performance.
- Negotiates burden factors and ensures they are complete and accurate with all information related to the estimate.
- Responsible for associate relations at all levels.
- Responsible for recruitment, screening and hiring of all project associates.
- Responsible for site compliance with training and safety requirements as promulgated in the Operations Manual.
- Establishes associate standards of conduct and administers disciplinary action as required in accordance with the policies and procedures promulgated in the Associate Handbook.
- Executes Urban policies and procedures related to Fair Employment Practices and Positive Workplace Policy as promulgated in the Personnel Management Plan. Ensures rules and regulations related to payroll, benefits, equal employment opportunity and affirmative action are followed and documented on appropriate standard forms.
- Ensures fair treatment and high morale of associates is maintained.
- Provides cross training to maintain position redundancy to the extent possible and practical.
- Promotes career progression by hiring associates capable of moving into key positions.
- Establishes personnel performance objectives, monitors results.
- Administers verbal, written and/or performance tests as required.
- Verifies that Urban complies with federal, state and local codes, regulations and laws. In particular, the Service Contract Act, Davis Bacon Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, OSHA provisions, NFPA and mandatory publications and directives stated in our contract.
- Coordinates changes between the on-site workforce and the corporate staff.
- Performs the duties listed for the Chief Engineer.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : Directly or indirectly supervises all associates at the Project. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training associates as it pertains to company policies and site procedures; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performed in an equivalent position, for not less than 3 years within the last 5 years, in supervision, operation, maintenance and repair of equipment and systems components and support requirements of facilities of the approximate size of the Project.
- Recent job history must show applicant has progressed in his area of expertise and has not strayed from his chosen field.
- Must have specific experience in controlling, monitoring and troubleshooting building systems through an automated Building Automation System with associated diagnostics.
- Prefer experience with the Building Automation System. Universal certification for handling of refrigerants.
- Must have computer operating training and/or background using software programs (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.).
- Prefer experience with using CMMS.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted for permanent residence as evidenced by Form I-51.
- Must be able to pass government security clearance screening.
- Must speak, read, and write in English.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Vacation, and Holidays.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $29.50 /hour
- Chief Engineer: 3 years (Required)
- Universal Certification for handling refrigerants (Required)