The Radiation Protection Engineer will provide technical support for radiation safety functions at the Department of Energy (DOE) Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Site and support the DOE’s Portsmouth Paducah Project Office (PPPO), for Enterprise Technical Assistance Services Inc. (ETAS) under the PPPO Technical Support contract. In this role one supports the surveillance and technical support of a compliant and robust radiation protection safety program, including developing and recommending processes and changes to operations to reflect the DOE’s radiation safety programs.
As the Radiation Protection Engineer one will:
- Review and surveil DOE radiation safety, operations, and material free release requirements. Ensuring compliance with all DOE, Federal, and State requirements.
- Provide support to DOE PPPO Project Managers and Facility Representatives by performing daily, direct field observation and surveillance activities, monitoring of site contractor activities, and their achievements and progress in meeting DOE radiation safety performance objectives; participate in weekly meetings and provide reports, as required.
- Provide advice and counsel to DOE project managers on radiation safety measures, including review and commenting on operational plans, procedures, field operations, and material free release documentation.
- Perform site field surveillances and assessments as directed. Assess the effectiveness of the PPPO’s radiation safety practices and promote continuous program improvement.
- Support emergency response planning and events across the PPPO and support Accident and Incident Investigations.
- Review and prepare reports for DOE on radiation protection or health physics related issues.
- Provide day-to-day oversight support of onsite contractors’ implementation of radiation safety programs, including but not limited to the requirements of: 10 CFR 851, Worker Safety and Health Program; ISMS; 10 CFR 835, Occupational Radiation Protection; DOE O 458.1, Radiation Protection of the Public and the Environment; and Nuclear Safety Management (10 CFR 830).
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or twenty (20) years of related operations experience.
At least fifteen (15) years of experience in related operations (i.e. power reactor, uranium processing, nuclear fuel, radioactive waste, or radioactive cleanup site).
Detailed knowledge of DOE operations and processes.
At least two years of Radiation Protection program operational management or oversight experience.
Advanced degree in engineering or science.
Deactivation and Remediation site experience.
Federal Government Clearance:
This position may require the ability to obtain a government clearance. This position may require reviews and test for absence of any illegal drugs along with a background investigation by the Federal government in order to obtain an access authorization prior to employment, and may require subsequent reinvestigations may be required.
Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/Vet/Disab/LGBT
E-TAS benefits package has been carefully designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
These benefits include:
- Major Medical Plan with Prescription Card, Dental Plan, Vision, and Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan 401(k)
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Comprehensive Leave
Please submit salary or hourly rate requirements along with resume or in a cover letter.
Paducah, KY, area
Please submit resumes via the web page link.
If you meet the above requirements/qualifications, please click the Apply Now button to submit your resume to be considered for this position, as well as added to our national database. We look forward to talking with candidates who have the requisite skills and experience level.
Job Type: Contract