Haarslev is seeking an experienced and reliable CNC Machinist to join our production team. Responsibilities include set up, program and operation of various tools and equipment to create, modify, or repair precision parts. During production, you must monitor the machinery and conduct regular quality checks to ensure they are running properly and that the parts are being produced according to specifications. Accuracy is crucial to our production, so all candidates must have attention to detail and be extremely focused on their work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
CNC Machinist w/ programming skills
· Capable of setting up and performing the requirements of new or difficult product families with moderate to minimal assistance.
· Demonstrate good communication skills with supervisor/lead person, co-workers, and support departments.
· Show and maintain value added time management skills.
· Achieve and maintain quality throughout the entire production process by verifying customer requirements using precision measuring equipment.
· Maintain a high standard of quality by meeting or exceeding the expectations of scrap parts due to workmanship.
· Advanced blueprint capabilities, including the ability to find or calculate missing dimensions.
· Be aware of upcoming part numbers to evaluate if problems could arise. Maintain a logbook of problems encountered during the production run and communicate these issues to Lead Person/Supervisor/Engineering/Programming.
· Capable of training new hires
· Proficient at three or more machines or machine controls and can move around the department as needed to run the more complicated work.
· Lead or assist new projects.
· Ability to perform shop floor editing and programming as required to maintain throughput or to build needed items to improve quality or productivity.
· Demonstrate good work ethics and lead by example.
· Evaluate setup and run documents as well as our processes and make changes as required to improve quality or productivity.
· Be able to plan next setup(s) and ensure that the following are up-to-date and available: setup packet, programs, prints, charts, fixtures, cutters and cams, etc.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 3+ years of experience as a CNC Machinist or similar role
· Ability to read and follow technical drawings and diagrammed instructions
· Ability to use precision tools to take accurate measurements
· Strong mathematical and communication skills
· Attention to detail and self-motivated
· Ability to stand for long periods of time and perform repetitive tasks
· Ability to lift and move 50lbs with ease
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Machining: 3 years (Preferred)
- CNC: 3 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place