MAPC is actively seeking CNC Machinist with a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in both programming and operating Vertical milling centers. MAPC’s machining work can range from prototypes for testing, large hydrodynamic/ wind tunnel models, military components, maritime vessel equipment, automotive parts, aquaculture systems and freelance commercial work. The successful candidate will have the following capabilities:
- Should be well versed in all aspect of CNC / manual mills, Lathes, Grinders, etc.
- Strong background in understanding feeds/ Speeds/ Chip loads and practical machining math in stainless steel, aluminum, steel, titanium, super duplex, Plastics, composites, modeling foams, basic exotic materials, etc.
- Experienced in developing fixtures and tooling to support a wide array of unique parts in different shapes, sizes, and materials.
- Should have knowledge of basic fabrication equipment including saws, grinders, drills, shears, presses, pipe/ tubing benders, forklifts, cranes, etc. Should also have basic mechanical skills.
- Must be able to read and understand prints, layout parts, inspect work and be an independent problem solver. Should be able to free think and machine or modify parts from basic verbal instructions to detailed drawings and prints.
- Should have personal machinist and mechanical tools and be able to maintain a professional, clean, and organized space.
- Ability to work in a military environment where drug testing and any adverse personal history may be subject to checks prior to and during employment.
- Detail oriented people with ability to work as a team or independent and be self-motivated.
Maritime Applied Physics Corporation is an employee-owned company working in commercial and defense markets. Benefits include health care and vacation with the ability to participate in the 401K and employee stock ownership program after the one-year employment anniversary.
Due to security restrictions, only U.S. citizens can be considered for this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year based on experience. References required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
MAPC is following State and Federal guidelines related to COVID-19. We are considered an essential business.
- machinist: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- 10 hour shift
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible