Aquarius, Ltd. is a leader in the apparel and fashion accessory industry and is one of the largest wholesale suppliers of accessories in the country. We are searching for a highly motivated and organized Senior Product Developer to work in our St. Louis Headquarters. This is an excellent opportunity to utilize your previous Buying, Product Development, Merchandising, or Brand Management experience as you interface with major retailers in the fashion industry. It’s an exciting and multi-faceted position with varied challenges and responsibilities that will make every day a new adventure.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Review previous year’s sales prior to creating a line plan proposal for development.
- Create sourcing strategy based on goals for the program.
- Foster development with new factories to build factory base where necessary.
- Analyze designs prior to tech pack creation, makes recommendations on construction, coloration, of product to achieve desired cost and factory capabilities.
- Pre-emptively works with factories to problem solve any issues the factories could have with sampling.
- Work with factories to resolve problems during development creating challenges to meeting the sample deadlines.
- Create lab-dip requests for designated programs
- Request initial pricing and negotiates factory costs and researches duty charges and documents pricing in PLM
- Follow up on packaging required by customer, hangtags, price tickets, etc.
- Confirm port of entry and coordinates pricing and delivery of PDQ and Palette for delivery to customer
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience in any of the following fields is required: Buying, Product Development, Merchandising, or Brand Management
- Degree in Fashion Merchandising or relevant field.
- Strong math and analytical skills including knowledge of retail math formulas
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office, Product Lifecycle Management System.
- Strong project management and meticulous organizational skills are required to multi task and work in this fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills are required. Your ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization is essential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter through this website.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Garment Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Preferred)