FantasySpin is hiring for a full-time Android Developer.
FantasySpin is a fantasy sports game that combines the excitement of fantasy football, basketball, and baseball with the thrill of jackpot slot machines. We are a distributed company with offices in Boston, Dallas, and Montreal as well as team members across other parts of the US and Canada. Our concept is unique and has no been implemented before in the fantasy sports space and we are in the process of developing and growing the apps and the system overall.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining high-performance Android applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Participating in team discussions and planning sessions
- Pushing yourself and team members to ensure that goals are met
- Collaborating with technical and non-technical team members answering any questions they may have.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Providing time estimates for your work and hit deadlines in an agile environment.
- Being excited to research and push new web technologies and experiences.
- Deep familiarity with Java and Android APIs
- Experience building high-performance Android apps with animations
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Strong Multi-platform and cross-browser development and debugging
- Knowledge of Bash (or other preferred shell scripting language)
- Asset: Have published one or more Android apps in the app store
- Asset: Linux / Unix / Mac OSX (command line and scripting)
- Asset: Git for revision control
FantasySpin is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Java: 2 years (Preferred)