The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Advanced Technology Center (ATC) is the research lab for Lockheed Martin Space. Through our own skills and those of our partners—including universities and research labs around the world—we’re able to put vision in motion. While we are a part of LM's space division, our technologies are far-reaching across domains. Our innovation extends beyond incremental change. We strive for first-of-a-kind capability with enduring impact. At the ATC, we’re inspiring change in our endless pursuit of what’s next.
We are searching for a RF/Antenna Engineer to join our exceptional team, where you will support advanced antenna, phased array and RFIC development programs. Some of your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing RF antennas and phased array antennas.
- Preparing test methods and specifications
- Analyzing and testing RF hardware to verify performance characteristics
- Developing and allocating RF antenna, antenna system and subsystem functional and performance requirements
- Identifying and tracking RF technical performance measurements (TPMs)
- Performing RF system/subsystem/component trade studies
- Preparing presentations and brief status, issues and results
- Acting as a liaison to a variety of other disciplines as well as internal and external clients
- Preparing white papers, presentations, publications and patent applications
You should have extensive experience developing circuitry used in high frequency and microwave phased array front ends including receiver chains, transmitter chains, and frequency converters. We are also seeking the capability to validate models with antenna measurements. You will need to demonstrate knowledge and experience of RFIC design, phased array hardware layout, component evaluation, prototype construction, and test. We are looking for someone with strong communication skills who interacts effectively with diverse groups such as systems engineering, vendors, management and customers. You thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
**Applicants who include a cover letter detailing interest in the role and how their experience fits the position will be given priority consideration.
You would typically have a Bachelors degree and 14 - 20 years of professional experience, or a Masters and 12 - 18 years, or a PhD and 9 - 15 years.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Knowledge and/or experience in method-of-moments, finite elements, uniform theory of diffraction, physical optics, finite difference time domain, etc. for the analysis of antennas and large structure scatterers
- Experience using high fidelity EM codes (e.g., HFSS, FEKO, CST, Ticra Grasp, NEC-BSC, etc.)
- RF/Antenna systems engineering and/or test experience
- Experience with MATLAB, Python, or similar programs for data analysis and visualization
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- 6-8+ years of experience in antennas with emphasis on electromagnetic (EM) modeling, antenna and antenna array theory, design and analysis for a wide variety of antennas from HF through millimeter-wave, including monopoles, loops, horns, spirals, reflectors and phased arrays
- M.S. E.E. or PhD with emphasis on electromagnetics/antennas
- Prior experience with Lockheed Martin
- Experience/understanding of RF Photonics
- MATLAB modeling, good communication and collaboration skills
- Flexible and able to develop and implement electromagnetic modeling capabilities in support of advanced programs, risk assessment and antenna design studies in quick turn-around response times.
- Supports prototyping and testing of antennas, and evaluates test results
- Troubleshoots and provides resolutions and risk mitigation for antenna design, development and integration
- Provides input/ideas for new business acquisitions programs
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.