Cascade Engineering Technologies is seeking an experienced CNC Programmer. We offer excellent growth opportunity, stable contracts and a competitive benefit and compensation package.
The CNC Programmer is responsible for the development of manufacturing processes. They are responsible for the development and validation of CNC programs. This requires interface with the Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create complex 5-axis CNC mill and lathe programs using Mastercam or Hypermill.
- Design tooling and fixtures using CAD software to aid in the manufacturing process
- Verify CNC programs using Vericut and / or Mastercam backplot software, and make corrections as necessary.
- Coordinate and support the prove out of programs with Machine Shop personnel.
- Provide input for creation of manufacturing plans.
- Document setup and tools for creation of work instructions.
- Aid in cost estimates for new product or projects
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 5 years experience in 5-axis CNC programming required.
- Strong experience with MasterCam or HypperMill required
- Experience in machining metallic components, including both cast and billet forms, and in hard and soft alloys.
- Analytic skills necessary to interpret product requirements from engineering drawings & technical documents.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting GD&T.
- Strong math skills including geometry, algebra and trigonometry
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of aerospace manufacturing and best practices preferred.
- Machining background required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment
- Experience in mentoring and coaching all levels of machinist preferred.
- Experience with in machine probing preferred.
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and due to the nature of our work, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Job Type: Full-time
- CNC Programming: 5 years (Required)