Rada Mfg. Co. in Waverly, Iowa is looking for a hands-on, enthusiastic Manufacturing Engineer to join the production team. Since 1948, Rada Mfg. Co. has been a family-owned business leader in the Cedar Valley. Our 100 employees serve thousands of customers a year by producing and selling Made in the USA kitchen cutlery and accessories. We help build strong communities by providing solutions for fundraisers, independent resellers, and home cooks. At Rada Mfg. Co. we are dedicated and hardworking people who support each other. We act with respect and consideration to make a positive impact because we care about what we do.
This position will be responsible for designing and creating dies, tooling, and fixtures to be used throughout the facility. Critical responsibilities include troubleshooting with operators, working on continuous improvement projects with the production team, and managing the tool room staff and equipment.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, create, and maintain stamping dies
- Design, create, and maintain casting dies
- Systematically troubleshoot production equipment/tooling issues
- Schedule work for machinists
- Perform yearly evaluations with tool room staff
- Create models and drawings for machinists to follow
- Coordinate machine training and safety training in tool room
- Coordinate regular reconditioning of parts from each machine
- Perform monthly inventory of purchased parts and materials needed in tool room
- Create and maintain procedure and safety documents for each operation
- Work with operators to reduce rejects and rework
- Work with maintenance team to reduce machine downtime
- Work on research and development issues as directed
- Lead and be a member of cross-functional teams
- Proliferate a culture of data and evidence-based decision making
A successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or experience in a similar role
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Organized and committed to meeting deadlines
- Strong writing, speaking, and listening skills
- Ability to build teams and influence outcomes
- Experience in a management role is a plus
We offer an excellent pay and benefits package. A pre-employment drug screening is required.
If you think you’re a good fit for our team, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Rada Mfg. Co.
905 Industrial St.
Waverly, IA 50677
For more about us, visit our website at www.radacutlery.com and check us out on Facebook and Pinterest.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift