PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR ENGINE COMPANY
PACCAR Engine Company's $400 million engine manufacturing and technology facility is located in Columbus, Mississippi. The engines produced at the Mississippi plant are PACCAR Engine Company's most fuel-efficient and highest-technology diesel engines. PACCAR Engine Company is excited about this superb site and the opportunities it provides to PACCAR Engine Company, our customers, dealers, supplier partners and the people of the State of Mississippi.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Support and maintain the Apriso Manufacturing Execution System within Engine Plant
- Troubleshoot IT and Controls System issues on factory floor
- Integrate applications across various infrastructure platforms
- Develop new MES functionality using Apriso Process Builder
- Develop new applications using Microsoft C#.net platform
- Document in-house developed systems
- Participate as a member of the site's IT “On Call” team that provides after hours support to site's application portfolio
- Coordinate activities with help desk, network services, or other information systems groups (DBAs, developers, and operations)
- Partner with operations to ensure that maximum value is being derived from systems
- Collaborate with Corporate IT support organizations on system management, testing and deployment
- Represent Information Systems function to all customers in a positive and professional manner
- Stay apprised of emerging trends and technologies and make recommendations for their use
- Possibly two (2) to four (4) weeks per year of travel.
Qualifications & Skills
- Expert troubleshooting skills
- Proficient in manufacturing industry standard technologies and plant automation systems
- A minimum of one (1) year experience with Apriso MES System
- Experience with Apriso Process Builder
- Experience with PLC's, C#, SQL
- Software development with Microsoft .Net technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A minimum of three (3) years experience working with manufacturing systems
- A minimum of two (2) years software development
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master's preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Professional preferred.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.