Kiewit’s Lenexa office is currently seeking a Manager of Energy Storage for the Engineering & Consulting Services (ECS) business line. Energy storage engineers in this position are typically responsible for supporting renewable and alternative energy proposals, validating design and performance software for solar, microgid and energy storage designs, and performing renewable energy related project engineering roles for power markets served by Kiewit. The energy storage manager focuses on using design and performance modeling tools such as Helioscope and HOMER Pro to support proposals, owners engineer roles and EPC project engineering roles for our Kiewit clients. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in the aforementioned design software tools as an engineer and real-world project design engineering/construction experience with solar, alternative energy & microgrid related technologies, and energy storage systems. Our focus is on utility scale Battery Energy Storage Systems.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
Kiewit is looking for a committed, energized and highly motivated individual who has a passion for achieving excellence. The Manager of Energy Storage is responsible for, but not limited, to the following responsibilities as related to electrical engineering design:
- Establish and maintain on-going internal and external client relationships within the energy storage industry.
- Support and collaborate with SVP, Engineering and Consulting Services and Director of Renewables to develop and execute a company-wide strategy for energy storage.
- Develop and manage internal engineering and field execution team that is capable to deliver strategic objectives of the business.
- Follow proposal and project execution plans including deliverables lists, schedule, budget, and manpower projections required to successfully execute the proposal or project.
- Manage energy storage projects with internal team members and external partners to deliver high quality projects on-time and on-budget.
- Identify and pursue new business project opportunities with strategic and opportunistic energy storage customers.
- Support presentation of proposals to customers including customer follow-up. Proposal Development-Assist with the development of proposal documents and engineering estimate.
- Assist with post proposal submittal bid strategy, answer questions and participate in closing projects.
- Maintain a strong network of industry related individuals for the purpose of expanding Kiewit’s services and opportunities.
- Ensure Quality Control of services and deliverables is followed, in accordance with the Kiewit Company Quality Plan.
- Represent Kiewit at external conferences and events by speaking and delivering thought leadership content in alignment with strategic objectives of the businesses.
- Communicate proposal and project status to Proposal, Procurement, and Engineering Services Leadership as required.
The ideal candidate for the Manager of Energy Storage will possess the following qualities:
- A minimum of 10 years proven electrical engineering design experience in the power delivery, battery energy storage, or renewable industry
- Bachelor of Science degree in related field
- Strong project team orientation and networking skills
- Willingness to travel (up to 50% of time) with some overnight stays required
- High degree of self-motivation
- Motivated by competition, yet a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.