Estimator - Key Responsibilities
- Interpret plans and specifications and any other work required for a given potential project.
- Perform quantity take offs
- Price out all work performed by the company and seek out subcontractor proposals for work not self-performed. Analyzing those proposals after receipt.
- Put together complete estimate for project based on all pricing.
- Create proposal letter for project or complete required customer bid documents for project.
Position Answers To:
- Vice President – All tasks
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to communicate with project managers and estimators internally and customers/subcontractors externally.
- Knowledge of industrial construction estimating involving multiple trades (steel, concrete, excavation, demolition, general trades).
- Industrial construction experience (e.g. steel mills, automotive plants, chemical factories, heavy manufacturing) a plus.
- Able to fill out proposals and comply with varying customer bid forms.
- Able to work independently.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with Sage Estimating a plus.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Experience in Northeast Ohio construction industry is a plus.
- A degree in construction management, engineering, or equivalent is preferred.
- Prefer at least 5 years of experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- Construction Estimating: 5 years (Preferred)
- 6356 Eastland Road, Brook Park, OH (Required)
- Professional Engineer (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off