Diversified Project Services International (DPSI) is a leader in engineering, surveying, planning, permitting, inspection, and construction services. We serve clients in the petroleum, chemical, and power industries as well as commercial and residential development, energy, public agencies, schools, military and agriculture. (DPSI) is an equal opportunity employer and is currently accepting new applications from qualified professionals for the following full-time position:
Senior Mechanical Engineer will perform engineering duties in planning and designing mechanically functioning equipment. They will oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment such as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Conduct research that tests or analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Communicate with clients on a regular basis.
- Other duties as apply
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the oil industry
- Project Management experience
- Facilities design experience is preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 8 years (Required)