Responsible for the planning and execution of assigned projects or portions of major projects effectively utilizing managed resources. Assigns personnel to projects, tasks and monitors progress. Operates under general supervision with appreciable latitude for unreviewed action. Assesses progress and recommends changes to project direction when appropriate. Under general supervision, plans, organizes, controls, directs and follows-up on group assignments.
- Primary interface between all internal customers and the Manufacturing Engineering Department consistently demonstrating a high level of interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Provides technical and administrative guidance and direction for individuals and projects within the group.
- Acts as technical Project Director for major programs or significant portions thereof.
- Monitors and reviews group progress against plans and objectives.
- Monitors and ensures adherence to Manufacturing Engineering policies and other department and company processes.
- Provides technical assistance and support to other groups.
- Plans, assigns, and monitors project and group personnel commitments.
- Provides input on strategic direction for all operations functions.
- Coordinates development activity between the multiple groups as appropriate to accomplish objectives.
- Conducts performance appraisals and salary reviews.
- Develops workforce planning and utilization requirements.
- Resolves work problems, or assists employees in work-related problems solving
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Conducts presentations to all business levels.
- Travel to customer sites, other divisions and technical conferences is required.
- Has authority to hire/fire, and appraise performance. Provides work direction to individuals or department and assists in resolving problems. Implements employee relations programs and resolves personnel issues. Participates in development and implementation of Corporate and Division "Vision." Develops plans so vision is achieved.
Bachelor's Degree in an applicable engineering field, an Engineer in Training (EIT), or a professional license is required. 1-3 years engineering experience is also required. Entry-level for MS Engineering.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled