Job Category: Project Manager / Superintendent - Marine Work
Education: Required A recognized degree in construction and engineering related field.
Company Info: Laland Baptiste, LLC is a certified minority and woman owned construction management and consulting firm. This construction management resource was birthed in the heart of Brooklyn New York. Laland Baptiste provides innovative and professional services throughout all phases of the construction life cycle. We pride ourselves as being loyal and reliable to our customers, clients, and our greatest assets, our people. Laland Baptiste is dedicated to providing unparalleled services throughout the construction life cycle. These services include:
Construction Management, Program Management, Owners Representation, Preconstruction Consulting, Change Order Review, Value Engineering, Administration Assistance, Document Control and Staff Augmentation.
Job Description / Overall Responsibility: Manage and inspect the construction of waterfront/marine public works projects including rip-rap, armor stone revetment and bulk heading.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Project Management - will provide overall coordination and management of the construction project and supervision staff from pre-construction, construction and close-out. Monitoring of construction progress, verify quantities and ensure compliance to engineering plans, specifications and construction and safety standards. Coordinating with adjacent construction projects and/or utility company work. Conducting daily reporting , photo documentation, progress meetings, tracking permits, submittals, RFI's, document controls, Contractor's work progress and unit item quantities, reviewing contractor applications for payment and change orders. Track and manage the project(s) construction budget. Facilitate project inspections, commissioning and staff training. Facilitate communications with Contractor, Architect/Engineer, Stakeholders and Client.
2. Inspection and Quality Management - will assist in the inspection and monitoring of construction progress, verify quantities and ensure compliance to engineering plans, specifications and construction standards. Inspecting work for completeness and coordinating punchlists for final acceptance
3. Safety - managing and protecting against job hazards on behalf of the staff, crew(s) and client. Maintaining tracking reports and compliance with EHASP and OSHA standards.
4. Most days are spent on-site or in the field office overseeing the construction progress and staff, planning ahead, review staff documentation for completeness and consistency, reviewing plans and specifications for the construction operations being performed and anticipated.
5. This is a hands-on role with the opportunity to bring innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to assist our client's in delivering complex projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. State and Local agency (NYCDOB, NYCDSBS, NYSDEC & USACOE) experience tracking capital projects through demolition, site preparation, utility coordination and heavy construction.
2. Excellent English language skills, written and verbal.
3. Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Office and Excel
4. Experience using Procore reporting software is desirable.
Work Experience Requirements: A minimum of (10) years of marine construction, infrastructure and related sitework inspection and work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above.
Additional Requirements Certifications:
1. OSHA 30-Hour Certificate
2. NYS PE desirable
Contact: We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per month
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off