The Engineering Company is looking for a Civil Drafter to be responsible for drafting and modeling water system facilities using Civil 3D and Revit. Duties will include working with a team of engineers and contractors in a dynamic setting and updating the drawings and models per requested updates. Areas of expertise should include: mechanical and civil components. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have an understanding of water systems, including piping, pumps, and treatment. Some previous experience working with Civil 3D and Revit is a must.
About The Engineering Company
Our mission is to help communities in Florida create business opportunities and improve quality of life. We are dedicated to providing civil engineering, project management and construction management services, and development of standard operating procedures for municipal and private organizations. We strongly believe in the training and development of our team to reach its full potential. Our core values are the pillars of our business and guide our hiring process: we are inspirational, accountable, transparent, disciplined, aligned, and results oriented.
- Work efficiently in a dynamic environment of engineers and contractors.
- Pay attention to details and minimize rework in Civil 3D and Revit.
- Be proactive and in constant communication with your direct supervisor.
- Have a strong desire to excel in your role.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrive at meetings and appointments on time.
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem-solving situations.
- Adaptability - Adapt to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Inspire the trust of others; work with integrity and ethically; uphold organizational values.
Education & Experience:
- GED or high school diploma preferred.
- 1-2 years’ work experience in a drafting or modeling role using Civil 3D and Revit.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Commitment to Diversity
As an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce The Engineering Company, LLC recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability, and actively foster inclusion in all forms both within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates and partners.
If this position caught your eye, send us your resume through our website! www.theengineeringco.com For best consideration, include the job title and source where you found this position in the subject line of your email.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- in a drafting or modeling role using Civil 3D and Revit.: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location