We love making people smile!
GALERIE® provides outstanding customer service while delivering fresh, innovative confectionery gifts of the highest quality and value. We are a design-driven enterprise, bringing more than 1,200 items to retailers every year. In addition to the Galerie brand, our licensed product lines include Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Hershey, Froot Loops, LOL Surprise, Minions, Trolls, Peppa Pig, and Warner Brothers.
As a Product Developer, You Will
We are looking for a Product Developer to be responsible for managing all aspects of product development for seasonal candy and gifting items. This includes the development of new products, product enhancements, redesign and value engineering. This role will improve processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and accuracy including feasibility, gross margin and practicality of products in development.
- Originate and improve products in collaboration with sales, marketing, packaging and design to meet customer needs, margin requirements and sales plans.
- Ensure sufficient representation of Core, Chase and Risk within the assortment in all categories
- Oversee key projects, providing processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures for monitoring projects in an effort to provide updates on current status of each project in order to meet deadlines.
- Identify and onboard new suppliers and maintain strong partnerships with existing ones.
- Balance suppliers globally and ensure back up and innovators are part of the mix.
- Develop strategic direction and plans to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Product Development department as well as those of the company as a whole
- Deep knowledge of competitive products and players. Share and develop strategies to address with key counterparts
What We Need From You
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in development, procurement or operations
- Strong Excel skills; knowledge of Project Management, ERP, and/or Reporting systems are not required but preferred
- Strong negotiating and above average math skills (calculate figures and amounts in relations to percentages, foreign exchange rates, tariffs, and duties in addition to P&L relationships)
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Process driven
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High energy level in the office and while traveling internationally
What’s in it for you?
We offer a very competitive base salary and a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, short-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan with match, yoga, massages, and of course – free candy! Of equal importance, we provide the opportunity to do breakthrough work on a global stage from our Midwestern base with its affordable cost of living, comfortable lifestyle and professional challenges to keep you excited and engaged every day.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a profitable company experiencing significant growth, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees are required to wear masks and social distance while within the building.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Hebron, KY 41048 (Preferred)
- Product development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Vendor management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19