At Infinity Machine & Engineering, we offer total project management. We specialize in high performance packaging solutions including: custom case packers, bundlers, wrappers, diverters, and conveyors. As a leader in the industry, Infinity applies the latest mechanical and electrical technologies to ensure the best in long term operation efficiency. In addition, we offer engineering services and 24 hour technical support. Infinity searches continuously for people that have a strong work ethic, want to make a difference, like to take risks, and push themselves to find creative solutions to difficult problems.
Overall Job Objective:
To ensure that machine in which responsible is designed utilizing the latest in electrical components, minimizes space, is cost effective, is easily repeatable for future machine designs, and is easy to assemble. To design schematics and work with programmers to ensure that machine is easy to start-up, troubleshoot, and maintain. To develop and maintain a base schematic from which all machines within category can use as a starting point. To design in standard options so that they can be activated or deactivated based on customer requirements. To ensure that the latest electrical components and schematics techniques are utilized so that Infinity's machines incorporate the most innovative electrical design. To ensure that machines conform to customer requested electrical specifications and design parameters.
Responsible for the design and release of schematics for standard and R&D machines in which responsible.
- Responsible for maintaining base schematics used as a starting point for all new jobs.
- Perform engineering priority tasks assigned by Engineering leader on-time and within budget
- To be available for assembly questions from shop and manage shop assembly improvement ideas.
- Responsible for cost reductions on existing equipment (electrical)
- Ensure sold machines conform to customer requested electrical specifications
- Ensure machines conform to company engineering standards
- Review and approve job specific manuals - electrical portion
- Develop standard machinery recommended spares list and review and develop and approve job specific recommended spares list
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Associates degree in Automation Engineering or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Machine design experience, including creating drawings, bills of materials and project management.
- Experience using electrical motors, controls, pneumatics, and hydraulics a plus
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Experience with CAD systems, such as AutoCAD Electrical
- Computer Literate with experience in the Microsoft Office Suite, excel and Microsoft Great Plains
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a hands-on attitude
- Experience working with UL
- 3+ years of design and project management experience preferred