The RKW North America is an independent, family-owned company and one of the world´s foremost manufacturers of excellent film solutions. RKW is the market leader in the areas of hygiene and agricultural films, films for the beverage industry and packaging for powdery goods. In addition, the company makes films and non-wovens for medical applications, for the chemical and converting industries as well as for the construction sector.
RKW North America in Franklin, Kentucky, has been a part of the RKW Group since the end of 2010. The current location was built in 2000 for the manufacture of films for lamination and technical applications. From its establishment, the site in Franklin focused its attention on the development of technical films that are particularly suited to flexible packaging in both food and non-food categories. In 2006, the plant's capacity was expanded through the addition of multi-layer extrusion technology to complement the product range. In 2012, RKW further increased its presence on the North American market by installing new capacity for the production of films for the hygiene disposables market.
RKW has an immediate opening for an Junior Extrusion Process Engineer.
- · Drive process improvements utilizing Six Sigma tools and Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodology.
- · Establish Standard Operating Conditions (SOC’s) for new and existing jobs, this to include limits for key process variables.
- · Assist the execution of new formulas with R&D, including trials in the plant.
- · Drive production efficiency (throughput, scrap, and up-time) against budgeted standards. Report results.
- · Investigating and troubleshooting plant/process problems
- · Coordinate operational efficiency (OE) projects and drive continuous improvement objectives.
- · Assist in the development of processing plans, methods, design, materials handling, manpower
- requirements, cost analysis and other areas as appropriate
- · Act as the process lead on studies and projects;
- · Assists manufacturing plant on characterization/technical issues as required and there solution of both customer and internal complaints and process problems and optimization procedures
- · Provides training to other technicians as needed.
- · Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact with all personnel
- · Be able to work independently and as a member of a team, must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenge.
- · Comfortable working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- · Detail-oriented and strong time management skills
- · Attention to detail required
- · Results oriented, multi-tasking, and be able to respond to urgent needs and meeting deadlines
- · Proficient computer and MS Office skills(incl. Excel, Word, Outlook, project) required
- · Minimum Six Sigma green belt and strong SPC knowledge.
- · Able to make effective presentations to diverse groups
- · Must be able to perform all duties in a safe and effective manner
- · Must also be able to travel internationally
- · Bachelor’s degree in Polymer Science, Polymer Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, or Materials Science and Engineering
- · 0-3 years of project engineering or project management experience in manufacturing environment
- · Highly competitive compensation
- · Excellent and affordable Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- · Flexible Spending and Company funded Health Reimbursement Account
- · Company paid Life Insurance, STD & LTD
- · 401(k) through John Hancock
- · 9 holidays per year
- · Vacation pay
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes