Monday Properties is a private owner, operator and developer of commercial and residential real estate with over four and a half million square feet of office space under management in Washington, DC, Los Angeles, CA and multifamily developments in Northern Virginia, South Carolina and North Dakota. We are a fully integrated real estate firm with internal capabilities in acquisitions, development, asset management, leasing, construction management and property management. Monday Properties plans to grow its portfolio through acquisitions of value-add office, and development of new office and multifamily residential projects in strategic growth markets, including the Washington DC and New York Metropolitan areas. We are guided by a long-term approach to investing, but also retain the entrepreneurial flexibility to take advantage of ever-changing market conditions. This philosophy is achieved by building honest and enduring relationships with our business partners, financial institutions, and industry peers.
Monday Properties hires individuals who are committed to the highest professional and ethical standards. Our many successes are the result of their initiative, creativity and teamwork. Additional information on the firm is available at: www.mondayre.com.
We are currently seeking an Engineer to:
- Maintain and operate large and small scale HVAC, electrical, plumbing, boilers and associated control systems.
- Respond to tenant service requests, diagnose and repair building mechanical and electrical systems, and troubleshoot equipment related problems.
- Operate and maintain equipment such as: chillers, cooling towers, pumps, perimeter fan coil units, heat exchangers, air handling equipment, fans, VAV’s, heat pumps, automatic temperature controls, sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, valves, plumbing fixtures, and other mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment such as filter changes, lubrication, inspection, and adjustment of belts and pulleys. Clean boiler and condenser tubes. Maintain cooling tower and replace ballast and bearings with assistance.
- Check and record temperature, pressure, water flow, air flow and chemical readings.
- Perform duties required to correct emergency situations such as sewer back-ups and water infiltration.
- Assist in removing snow and ice from the outside of buildings as directed.
- Work on special projects as directed.
- Inspect building and equipment on a periodic basis to determine necessary maintenance and repair work.
- Perform general lock smith and maintenance related duties, as required.
- Maintain the aesthetics of the property.
Skills & Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
- At least five years of experience with HVAC, refrigeration, VAV boxes, heat pumps, water treatment, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Experience reading and interpreting documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, proposals and reports.
- Experience using computers (EMS).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Universal CFC Certification as required.
- OSHA 10 hour safety training, preferred.
- Be available for overtime and weekend duties as directed
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
In addition to a competitive salary and performance bonus, Monday Properties offers an excellent benefits package, which includes medical, dental, flexible spending, long-term disability, life insurance and 401(k).
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place