Genesis Alkali is the world’s largest natural soda ash mine and production site, offering a secure, reliable and diverse range of high-quality product choices. Alkali mines and processes trona ore and manufactures soda ash that is used in the production of glass, detergents, chemical manufacturing, pulp and paper production, and water treatment. It also produces sodium bicarbonate and other chemical compounds used in common industrial, agricultural, and household applications. Our main Alkali operations are in Green River, Wyoming, home of the world's largest trona ore deposit, with a corporate office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Genesis Alkali, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Genesis Energy, L.P., (NYSE: GEL). Genesis Energy is a growth-oriented master limited partnership headquartered in Houston, Texas. Through four divisions: offshore pipeline transportation, sodium minerals and sulfur services, marine transportation and onshore facilities and transportation, we provide an integrated suite of services to refineries, oil producers, and industrial and commercial enterprises. For more information visit www.genesisenergy.com or alkali.genesisenergy.com.
Why Join Genesis Alkali?
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, Vision, Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care) and Health Savings Accounts, and Pre-paid Legal, beginning first day of employment; company funds a portion of HSA
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan – Company makes Safe Harbor matching contributions (fully vested) of 100% up to the first 5% of eligible pay you contribute; additionally, Company makes discretionary contributions (three year vesting) of 5% of eligible pay, for a total of 10% Company contributions
- Tuition reimbursement program covering 100% of approved courses based on academic performance
- Subsidized busing from Green River, Rock Springs, and the Bridger Valley
Electrical Reliability Engineer
or Mechanical Reliability Engineer
Green River, WY
The Mechanical Reliability Engineer position will be a critical role for our Green River, WY facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for improving SHE (safety, health, and environmental) performance and reducing plant downtime by improving equipment reliability. This is role will provide identification of top reliability priorities, as well as develop Preventative and Predictive Maintenance Pd/PM programs.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Identification of top reliability priorities.
- Development and execution of reliability improvement plans.
- Track benefits to the business.
- Develop and continuously improve Pd/PM programs/procedures.
- Analyze SHE impact, production loss, cost, and equipment failure frequency to determine “bad actors,” develop corresponding reliability improvement plans, and facilitate execution of them in a structured and timely manner.
- Validate the effectiveness of the RIP’S and track business benefits.
- Lead, or participate in (as a functional expert), RCA’s related to equipment failures and SHE impacts.
- Provide Maintenance Engineering with coaching and support.
- Support the Mechanical or Electrical Integrity Program.
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or relevant Engineering Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university
- Electrical Engineering is preferred
- 3+ years of maintenance or plant engineering experience
- 6+ years Maintenance or plant engineering experience
- Certified Reliability Engineer
- Experience and knowledge of thermography, ultrasonic analysis and vibration analysis experience
- Experience and knowledge of turbines
Genesis Alkali is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or citizenship.