Meritize is an education lender that uses an individual’s academic, military and work achievements to enhance credit evaluation and expand funding for skills-based education. The company’s proprietary merit-based lending program goes beyond traditional underwriting to leverage individual academic and experiential data, resulting in increased access to educational funding and improved outcomes. The Meritize platform promotes the growth and development of skills-based careers on behalf of students, educators and employers through innovative funding solutions, skills building programs and career success services.
We are actively expanding our software design and development practice and looking for talented individuals to join the team.
You have a passion for high-quality, reliable and maintainable code. You’re comfortable working side by side with product managers, designers, and other developers, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working software to our users. You’re agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we're doing right so we can improve on it. Above all, you judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of our users.
If you are looking to work alongside a team of highly energetic, passionate and driven people, then this opportunity may be for you. Reporting to VP, Head of Development, here are the required skills/experience:
· 2+ years of Software Development experience in one or more programming languages
· Empathy and strong communication skills
· Interest in a pair-programming environment
· Passionate about growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
· BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
The following skills/experience is strongly desired:
· Building and deploying cloud-based enterprise software in a continuous delivery environment
· Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
· Experience in developing and deploying applications on AWS
Meritize is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
Relocation Assistance Provided: