This job requires extensive knowledge of robotic and manual application of special technology coatings to produce vehicles, parts and assemblies with low-observable characteristics. The candidate will read and interpret engineering drawings & specifications to create manufacturing process plans, develop sequence of operations, design/select special methods and tools to apply, rework, or repair special coatings and finishes on low-observable vehicles, parts, assemblies and test articles. The candidate must be self-directed and is expected to work on several different projects concurrently including the design, development, programming, testing, commissioning, troubleshooting and corrective action of robotic & manual coating application equipment, laser/optical projection systems, structured light measurement tools and other equipment for both special technology and traditional coatings as well as providing daily production support and training within the factory.
- Minimum B.S. Degree in Engineering or related technical degree. Experience may supersede degree requirement.
- Knowledgeable of General Manufacturing Processes
- Excellent verbal/written communications and interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient with MS-Office suite.
- Must be willing and able to occasionally support evening & weekend shift operations.
- Candidate must be a US citizen and have ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance; must have at least an interim secret clearance prior to start.
- Secret or higher security clearance
- Experience with Aerospace/Automotive paint/coating automation equipment and processes.
- Working knowledge of Allen-Bradley (Rockwell Automation) programmable logic controllers (PLC) SLC 500 & ControlLogix5000, Ladder Logic, FANUC robotics and controls.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and/or specifications.
- Working knowledge/experience with ordnance handling and assembly process methods and work instructions.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.