Jacobs Engineering is seeking a full time Process Mechanical Engineer to join our Global Design Center team located in Corvallis, OR. The purpose of this position is to help our clients accomplish their project goals cost effectively, on time, and with the top quality they have come to expect from Jacobs Engineering.
Our Process Mechanical Engineer careers allow you to have the opportunity to assist in delivering high quality design services to our clients. You will be tasked with designing piping and pumping systems as well as provide oversight of construction for a variety of industrial clients and projects. You will coordinate with other project disciplines, direct the work of CAD technicians, and produce construction documents. You will be part of a team engaged in delivering some of the most exciting projects in the Western United States, and beyond. You should have strong leadership skills, be a self-motivated professional, possess a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 5 years of experience, and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each new project.
Our Process Mechanical Engineers:
- Evaluate and select equipment, piping materials and valves, assist with facility layouts, develop calculations and construction documents
- Analyze piping and pumping systems for modifications and troubleshooting operational issues
- Assist and support senior process mechanical engineers in a team environment
- Prepare specifications and drawings, design water/wastewater systems, review equipment submittals, and address RFIs
- Collaborate with the project team to deliver consistent and quality designs
- Work closely with senior process mechanical engineers in applying company engineering standards, techniques, and procedures along with industry engineering standards.
- Drive ownership of health & safety in all aspects of project execution, office, and personal environments
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college
Minimum of 3 years of experience in various aspects of process mechanical design of water and wastewater systems
Experience and familiarity with National Building Codes.
Capable of working in a team environment, including giving and receiving critical feedback
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
3 years’ experience in industrial, water, or wastewater mechanical engineering.
Proficiency in hydraulic modeling software. (AFT Fathom, Pipe-Flo
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .