Perform preventative and repair maintenance work to ensure hotel is maintained according to established quality and sustainability standards while treating guests in a warm and friendly manner.
Potential Career Path
Engineering Supervisor - Chief Engineer - Area Chief Engineer
- Conduct room inspections and identify repair needs.
- Install or repair sheet rock and other wall coverings.
- Paint designated areas and items.
- Install and replace basic electrical fixtures, replace light switches, receptacles, and light bulbs.
- Repair furniture.
- Install, replace, and program televisions.
- Perform minor plumbing functions.
- Replace and repair heating and cooling pumps as well as preventative maintenance on units.
- Trace and repair all types of water lines.
- Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
- Maintain repair and preventative maintenance records.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Work as a bell attendant in the event of staffing shortages or during peak check in/out periods.
- Follow Service Recovery Guidelines.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and comply with MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma and Trade school course work in related field preferred.
- Previous engineer/maintenance experience or equivalent training required.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, kneeling, stooping, crawling and climbing.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
HHM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.