LICENSED SERVICE ELECTRICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION
Service Electricians are well-organized, motivated team leaders who are responsible for installing high-quality electrical service work by taking measures to increase the company’s effectiveness and efficiency. The ADK Service TEAM has a common mission – to provide the highest quality workmanship that goes above and beyond client expectation so that ADK will earn more projects!
FIRST THINGS FIRST
- Valid active CO Journeyman Electricians License.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must not have any DUI convictions in the last 5 years.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Verification of US Citizen or approved to work in the US.
- Punctual, motivated, detail oriented and uphold the passion to be the best.
- Must possess excellent communication and extraordinary customer service skills.
- Must possess self-motivation and team spirit and be able to work closely with other teams on the sites.
- Arrive ready to work on time and be ready to do overtime or a versatile work schedule based on project needs.
- Work with colored wiring and must be able to identify them by sight.
- Be efficient with your time and materials.
- Carry your state certification card during all ADK work hours.
- Diagnose the root cause of issues and think logically about solutions.
- Perform duties as assigned by Service Manager. Follow instructions and ask questions.
- Must be able to accommodate your schedule to work days, evenings, or through the night as our clients are the ones who dictate our schedule.
- Must be able to drive in all weather conditions, day or night.
Be responsible. Be a mentor. Be honest. Be respectful. Be a leader. Inspire. Motivate. Challenge. Be Part of a TEAM!
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
- May install or service street lights, intercom systems, or electrical control panels.
- Determine condition of electrical equipment, trouble shoot malfunctions, and determine needed repairs.
- Identify materials and quantities needed for new and remodel projects.
- Evaluate customer requests and provide work order descriptions and price projects.
- Follow established processes and procedures.
- Operate with safety as a primary concern for self and customer.
- Insuring installations comply with the NEC and (AHJ) authority having jurisdiction.
- Insuring Safety protocols are in use and enforced.
- Maintaining OSHA documentation on the project.
- Installing electrical raceways.
- Troubleshoot or provide power/interfaces from alternate power sources, i.e. generators solar/wind, battery (UPS systems)
- Troubleshoot or provide power connections to motors and controls, HVAC equipment, lighting and lighting controls.
- Troubleshoot or provide installation of fire alarm, security and data/telecom systems.
- Troubleshoot or properly mount switchboards, switchgear, panel-boards, circuit breakers/fuses, meters, transformers, generators, rectifiers, transfer switches and various other equipment.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Adapting to the various types and forms of construction; i.e. lumber, concrete, concrete block, metal, tilt-up, poured in place, underground and above ground, single story to high-rise.
- Test and work with various voltages, i.e., 12-24 volt, 48-volt DC, 120/240 volt, 120/208 volt, 277/480 volt.
- Insuring the proper installation of the various building grounding systems.
- Coordination with the other trades involved on the project.
- Coordination with the General Contractor, Engineers and Owner or Owner’s Representative.
- Troubleshooting the various systems and components.
- Replacing faulty equipment, wiring or controls.
- Coordination with the (AHJ), electrical inspectors, fire alarm inspectors, elevator inspectors, and various other entities performing required inspections.
- Treat clients with the highest level of respect and work to develop a partnership.
- Investigate and problem solve to determine the most efficient way to install changes to existing service.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds and roofs.
- Competency in Excavations, Fall Protection and Electrical Hazards.
- Conduct daily Job Safety Analysis and hold crew safety meetings.
- Identify and be able to remedy on the job hazards.
- OSHA 10 or 30 Hr (a plus!).
- Must be able to see, read, listen and comprehend, and speak English.
- Company truck with gas card.
- Starting pay: contingent on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
- Bi-Weekly Pay and Referral Bonuses
- Safety incentives
PHYSICAL / MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, reaching, carrying and heavy lifting (50-100). Work in tiring and uncomfortable positions, around electrical power lines, outside and inside. Exposure to extreme temperatures. Frequent districtwide travel. See the Analysis of Physical Demands attached.
Job Type: Full-time