The position of Senior Project Developer will be part of the Development Team reporting to the Head of Development.
The Senior Project Developer is responsible for the advancement of development projects as assigned by the Head of Development. The role will work closely with third party consultants assigned to the projects.
- Identify prospective projects with suitable wind/solar resource, electric transmission access, and site characteristics;
- Create and manage project development budgets and estimates;
- Establish and manage relationships with stakeholders, including elected officials, regulators, utilities, and RTOs to support project development;
- Work with internal resources, such as the Legal, Engineering, and Energy Assessment teams;
- Identify, contract and manager third party consulting resources to advance projects according to budget and project timeline;
- Obtain land surface rights to design, permit, construct, operate, and maintain wind/solar power projects;
- Manage state, federal, and regional permitting of wind/solar facilities;
- Participate in interconnection agreement negotiations;
- Oversee the preparation of proposals that are submitted to utilities and other power buyers;
- Support the financial analysis and modeling of the project;
- Manage the collection, organization and filing of all project documentation, both internally and for external third party stakeholders;
- Provide reports to management by producing regular and frequent pipeline updates, project status updates, and other reporting documents;
- Communicate information continuously and effectively to cross-functional team;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 15+ years of professional experience in relevant field with at least 5 years of experience developing renewable energy projects;
- Demonstrates understanding of energy development and permitting process;
- Ability to manage project teams, including land agents and third party consultants;
- Excellent communication skills and able to interact with wide variety of team members and stakeholders;
- Proven track record of resolving complex project development issues;
- Experience self-perform certain tasks such as drafting permit matrix, permit applications/conditions, or negotiate land deals a plus.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, project management, finance or other relevant program; advanced degree strongly preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- renewable energy: 5 years (Required)
- professional: 10 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance