FiberTel, Inc. locally grown in Utah’s Art City.
As an advocate for economic growth in the state of Utah, we understand the business of conveying information. With all that is happening in our state and nationwide, we are seeing different ways of life, work, and school. The increase in work from home and online school has put a strain on internet providers and their bandwidth. Internet Providers are relying heavily on us to continue the construction and installation of fiber optics to ensure that internet service goes uninterrupted for the people of our communities.
We are a utility construction company, with a specialization in the installation of fiber optics. We offer a full turnkey experience for our clients. For our employees, we offer rewarding benefits including; medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, and 401k (with company match).
The primary responsibility of the OSP Engineer revolves around the construction and maintenance of plant infrastructure, design, and engineering as well as providing a route analysis of underground & aerial fiber optic installations.
She/he will be responsible for designing detailed engineering plans, costs, and schedules related to the projects. He/she will work with existing utilities and permitting agencies and will engage with communication companies and their customers.
- Create construction plans for specific projects
- Produce design adjustments as needed
- Communicate with customer on project design
- Coordinate with Permitter and Project Manager
- Review and recommend improved project procedures
- Create and tabulate a construction BOM (bill of materials)
- Obtain measurements & documentation necessary for permit
- Communicate project information & updates to management
- Perform work utilizing required tools; measurement wheel, height stick, PED wrench, calculator, manhole hook, etc.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- General knowledge of underground and overhead utilities
- Knowledge of NESC (National Electrical Safety Code)
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- High attention to detail
- Experience with Auto CAD (Preferred)
- 1-3 years telecommunication experience (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- Auto CAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- OSP Engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible