Are you looking for a change of pace? Are you interested in working on a multitude of challenging projects? Do you have the mindset to learn new technologies? Here at Wildcard, innovation and problem-solving are at the core of what we do. If you are a motivated, self-starter who is ready to learn, take on new challenges, and can effectively collaborate on team projects, you just might be the next addition to our team we are looking for!
Wildcard’s office environment is unique and provides many benefits. Not only can you flex your schedule and work hours as needed, but we don't require our salaried staff to punch a clock. We firmly believe in giving our staff the freedom and flexibility they need to take care of their personal lives. Our only expectation is that you get your work done and tell us when you encounter issues you cannot solve. Many of your daily tasks would call for you to use cutting edge technology to problem solve, compile solutions, and determine the best fit solution moving forward. You will enjoy collaborating with your team in a relaxed environment to solve the myriad of development challenges you will encounter on a daily basis.
This is a full-time position at our Stevens Point offices with full benefits. You must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this position due to contracting requirements. No one on a Visa will be considered.
- Provide programming solutions for enterprise level customers
- Be part of time sensitive support for major customers
- Work with Project managers, programmers, systems developers, and web designers throughout the web site development process
- Resolve complex technical design issues
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues
- Provide input and advice for company projects
- Coding, testing, and debugging programs
- Document procedures and testing of software
- Design new software/Develop prototypes
- Experiment with new applications/modifying, expanding and updating applications
- Researching news and techniques in software design and development
- Discuss, plan and set up implementation of new software
- Coding support of diverse platforms and frameworks
- Demonstrated expertise in a programming language such as Python showing the desire and mindset to learn other languages.
- Experience with relational database technologies, such as Postgres or CockroachDB
- Experience using API’s to integrate with web services
- Has experience with open source technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with 2 to 5 years of experience
- Experience working in diverse teams
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (GIT)
- Understanding of network protocols, Domain Name System and Content Delivery Networks
- Proactive and self directed
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position please send your resume and cover letter to us in PDF format, please include a link to your GitHub profile if you have one. The subject line should be Resume for Web Developer 2020. All applicants will have to pass a background check as well as qualify for employment with E-verify.
Wildcard Corp. is an Equal Opportunity employer. The policy of Wildcard Corp is to fully comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations in regards to non-discrimination in the workplace. It shall be the policy of Wildcard Corp to not discriminate due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin, disability, age, military status or veteran status.
Principals only, staffing agencies do not contact.
MUST BE A US CITIZEN
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Web Development: 2 years (Preferred)
- Stevens Point, WI (Preferred)