HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
The quality engineer provides technical expertise in quality systems to improve product quality and reduce defects and losses within manufacturing, storage, and distribution operations. This role is responsible for leading and managing projects for the quality department and is a go-to role for data reporting and analysis.
- Develop, maintain, monitor and improve control plans and other systems for quality control on the manufacturing floor. Train others on those systems.
- Represent quality in innovation trials and interface effectively with R&D to ensure quality standards are met.
- Lead plant calibration management program, working with plant partners to ensure all relevant equipment is calibrated and fit for use. Serve as leader of project planning and management for the Quality department.
- Serve as a plant champion of data-driven analysis and solutions. Owns KPI’s, prepares reports, analyzes data, makes recommendations, and implements actions for improving operations and quality.
- Develop deep knowledge of plant processes in order to identify, evaluate, and mitigate risks to product quality and safety.
- Collaborate with functional partners to ensure local, regional, and global quality standards are met throughout trials, projects, startups, changes, improvements, and day-to-day business. Work with supplier quality resources to help solve supplier issues impacting production and/or quality.
- Lead problem-solving for plant using formal tools. Develop and implement corrective action plans based on plant needs. Coach others.
- Understand and be able to collaborate with engineering concerning hygienic and other quality design and installation standards and protocols for new and improved equipment and processes.
- Four-year college degree in engineering or a technical field such as science, 3-5 years’ experience in engineering or QA preferred.
- Experience using SAP and WMS software preferred.
- Quality system audit experience and/or certifications (ASQ, ISO, etc.) preferred, certification in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies preferred.
- Previous experience in training, coaching, and mentoring (both 1:1 and in groups) preferred.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular
Contact information for application-related questions: