BAKERY MAINTENANCE ENGINEER:
Bakery Maintenance Engineer is responsible to perform a maintenance program in an orderly, timely, and cost-conscious manner on a variety of bakery production equipment, coolers, freezers, ovens and/or facilities.
- Ensure Safety by following all company, OSHA, and government rules and procedures including Lock-out/Tag-out procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), personal safety, and food safety/SQF Program standards.
- Responsible for the Preventive Maintenance (PM) program with a goal of continually reducing unscheduled downtime.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and develop sustainable solutions for issues with equipment to include PLC controlled equipment, plant electrical, hydraulic/pneumatic, and mechanical systems including motors, and feed control systems; HVAC including replacing compressors and evaporator units.
- Responsible for maintaining the equipment productivity to minimize downtime or malfunctions. Some tasks are required to be performed within rigid time frames to maximize bakery productivity.
- Perform or supervise inside construction which may include framing, plumbing and electrical components.
- Coordinate new equipment installation and commissioning.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of work performed on work orders, maintenance calls, and preventative maintenance reports.
- Respond to maintenance and production line stoppage calls with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Provide emergency repairs quickly and efficiently.
- Able to work with the current team of Sanitation and maintenance departments.
- Additional duties and/or responsibilities as assigned
Schedule Hiring for:
- Days: Sunday-Saturday; Days off Vary.
- Shift Start Time: Varies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems up to 480V, 3 phase motors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and read and interpret electrical drawings.
- Working Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot PLC’s.
- HVAC certification is required.
- Minimum experience of 3 years maintaining manufacturing systems and equipment at a large commercial or artisan bakery.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment and adapt to frequent changes.
- Willing to work irregular and/or rotating shifts, including holidays when needed.
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions with high level of detail and accuracy.
- Licensed forklift driver is preferred.
- Physical requirements: ability to work 8+ hour shifts, lift 50+ pounds, stand, climb, and/or stoop for prolonged periods of time, perform repetitive motions, and work in an environment with varying temperatures and humidity.
- Salaried Position negotiable depending on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Friday
Special SOP for COVID-19 is in place