At CCS we pride ourselves as a leader in the controls and automation industry. Serving a wide range of product industries, we are a turn-key solutions integrator. We house all the disciplines required for automated equipment manufacturing. With a reputation for quality and craftsmanship, we work hard to provide innovative and cost-effective solutions to meet customer needs. If you want to work for a company that provides a fun, creative, and competitive work environment, then you have come to the right place.
CCS currently has an opportunity for a Senior Controls Engineer in our growing System Integration team in the Orlando, Florida area.
As a Controls Engineer, you will perform research, development, design, and programming of equipment giving functionality to mechanical designs.
- Accountability for complete project execution including team leadership, control panel engineering, SCADA design, PLC and HMI programming, and site start-up support of integrated systems. Evaluate company proposal and customer project/equipment specifications in order to determine optimal machine control architecture.
- Maintaining and growing solid client relationships is a key responsibility.
- Assist in both internal and customer acceptance testing of subject equipment.
- Support of projects in the field as required inclusive of installation, secondary acceptance testing, and startup support/training.
- Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in design, installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of packaging lines, process systems, and software systems.
- This position requires the ability to successfully execute multiple project responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- High energy, self-motivated and directed. Work well in a team environment and brings a “can do” positive attitude to the rest of the team
- Independently performs difficult engineering tasks to completion that may include a variety of complex features, conflicting design requirements, unusual materials requirements, and the need to coordinate the work of others.
- Minimum B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical degree. Experience may supersede degree requirement.
- Ability to successfully complete a company-paid drug test and pre-employment baseline physical if required
- Hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate ancillary equipment, tools, and office equipment
- Hearing, color vision, and the ability to push 25 pounds and lift 20-50 pounds
- Written and verbal communication skills in the English language, including the ability to communicate with C-level executives
- Candidates need to possess excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal skills, and the ability to process confidential information
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Train others in the company or customers with provided or self-develop materials
10+ years of experience in the below areas is preferred:
- Related automation experience with HMI, SCADA, PLC’s, and general control system design.
- Packaging and process control experience in the Consumer Products and/or life sciences industries are preferred; beverage/brewery/food experience and engineering consulting experience are a plus.
- Wonderware Suite (including Archestra), FactoryTalk Suite, ThinManager, Win911, VisualBasic/C#/Java is a plus.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, PLC5, SLC500) PLCs, PanelView/PanelviewPlus HMIs, Industrial Communication Networks (Ethernet, EthenetI/P, DeviceNet, DH+, etc.) is required.
- Experience with Siemens PLC/SCADA/HMI
- Robotic programming experience with Fanuc, Motoman, Panasonic, and ABB is a plus
- Troubleshoot automated material handling equipment (i.e., motors, scanners, VFDs, photo eyes, encoders, etc.) and other electrical control equipment
- Experience with VMWare platforms, AWS, and other cloud platforms a plus
- Use AutoCAD to review, develop and maintain electrical schematic and conveyor layout drawings. Writing operations manuals for developed systems
Approximately 40% regional travel may be required at times to support installation and start-up activities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. The bulk of the work is performed from the team member home office but the duties of the Controls Engineer also require exposure to manufacturing areas which require the use of personal protective equipment including but not limited to safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
What you will get:
- Company Vehicle
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited paid time off with manager approval
- Paid holidays
- Other benefits negotiable
Where you will live:
Come and enjoy the conveniences and beauty of the east Florida area. The seeds of Florida’s next wave of growth are evident. To date, the recovery has been driven by global trade, tourism, technology, professional services, and health services – all industries likely to grow in the coming years. This is good news. For Florida to continue to be competitive, our economy must rely on more than our natural resources and a continuous stream of new residents and visitors. As Florida’s economic vision is realized, Florida will transition from being a state-driven primarily by growth to a state driven by talent, innovation, quality of life, and global connectivity.
Florida’s landscape is unlike anywhere else in the country, with miles of shoreline and the famous Everglades. There are also ample opportunities for outdoor recreation, sightseeing, and, of course, swimming, all within a day’s drive. The real estate market for a new home in Florida has been going through a serious boom over the past several years, with no signs of slowing down. With many new homes for sale readily available in master planned communities, raising a family has never been more affordable, accessible, or beautiful.
Florida is one of just seven states in the U.S. that doesn’t collect state income taxes — the others are Alaska, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, and Wyoming. That leaves more money in your pocket for spending on the things that really matter. Floridians have a reputation for being laid-back, friendly, and very welcoming. With all of the perks mentioned above, can you blame them? But besides the easy-going atmosphere, there’s plenty of cultural innovation happening in Florida. From craft breweries to music festivals and from sports teams to world-famous amusement parks, there’s never a reason for a dull moment in this state.
CCS, LLC Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At CCS, LLC, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. CCS, LLC validates right to work using E-Verify. CCS, LLC will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule