About SHIROKI North America, Inc.
SHIROKI is a global company that develops, manufactures and sells worldwide a variety of exterior and interior components for many major OEMS like Toyota, Nissan, and GM. Exterior commodities include steel and aluminum doorframes, resin and stainless steel molding, and other parts. For interiors, products include seat recliners and seat adjusters, window regulators, door locks and other functional parts. SHIROKI North America consists of a corporate headquarters and manufacturing facility in Smithville, TN, manufacturing facilities in Gordonsville, TN and Dalton, GA, and also a Design/Sales office located in Northville, MI. As a member of the AISIN Group, SHIROKI also manages business at several other AISIN locations around North America.
About This Position
Our Corporate Project Engineers are the project leaders responsible for bringing in new manufacturing lines and business on time and under budget. They coordinate all other departments and aspects of pre-production from the time of business award until mass production launch.
This project management position provides a strong foundation to understand the "big picture" for how all departments in Shiroki work together to launch a production line. It also has high visibility to management and will help develop management and leadership skills. Candidates with strong interpersonal skills, soft skills, and a desire to learn and grow are encouraged to apply.
Key tasks include:
- Develop and maintain project Master Schedule to meet customer event timing and maturation requirements
- Develop build schedules, recovery plans, or other plans as needed to support the overall project timing
- Communicate with the customer regarding project requirements and status
- Coordinate all departments to meet project milestones on time and under budget
- Track open issues and facilitate problem resolution with all departments prior to mass production launch
- Liaison between SHIROKI North America and SHIROKI Japan project engineers regarding project schedules and build timing
- Report project status to upper management
- Lead and coordinate customer visits, meetings, and/or audits
- Coordinate production of trial parts for customer pre-production builds
- Plan and lead production trial runs to achieve mass production line speed
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan