SquadLocker’s Rhode Island headquarters is actively searching for a flexible and well-rounded Software Engineer to join our growing team in translating business goals into concrete solutions. In this role, Software Engineers act as generalists who work on public-facing features, design and implementation of the API’s that power our web apps. Additionally, Software Engineers will work on important components of our infrastructure, including database scaling and performance, analytics, operations and security.
Our team of Software Engineers use Ruby on Rails and .NET Core to power SquadLocker’s APIs and runs our infrastructure on a mixture of Amazon Web Services, Azure and Heroku. Software Engineers will be responsible for continuously deploying code, building new features and maintaining backwards compatibility with older versions of our app.
Qualified candidates will have outstanding attention to detail and thorough exploration of edge-cases, potential problems and repercussions of their technical decisions. Candidates must also be just as comfortable deploying code as they are writing it.
- Build and maintain backend services
- Work with the Engineering team to plan API and architecture updates to our Ruby on Rails and .NET codebases
- Write tests to ensure code fulfills all requirements
- Monitor the health of SquadLocker in production and make sure code runs smoothly
- Integrate SquadLocker with third parties in a way that engages users
- Support users directly and fix any bugs
- Keep current on emerging technologies and learn new skills quickly
- Additional duties as assigned
We are looking for ambitious individuals with a history of high achievement and the desire to work in a fast-paced environment with peers who challenge them to be better. These are the qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of platforms and languages including C#, .NET Core, Ruby and React
- Ability to write clear, maintainable code
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Fast learner with the ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Persuasive, amiable, self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Naturally curious and energetic about tackling hard, new problems in new areas
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; Copes effectively with complexity and change
- Take ownership for your work, lead by example, accept responsibility and work to improve the systems at SquadLocker
- Give and receive constructive feedback with humility
From mathlete to athlete, SquadLocker makes it easy to outfit any team or organization in two weeks or less. SquadLocker’s instant online stores stay open 24/7 and serve up the world’s best apparel and gear brands, decorated with your specific logos. Every store merchandising and logo design is custom, and every order is processed individually with no minimums. SquadLocker has changed the way Commissioners, Athletic Directors, Coaches, Parents, Captains and Club Leaders manage their group’s decorated apparel and gear needs. Check us out at www.squadlocker.com.
SquadLocker is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development: 4 years (Preferred)
- Warwick, RI 02886 (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules