INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICAL- CONTROLS ENGINEER - PRODUCTION MAINTENANCE is needed to be the primary individual ensuring production equipment is up and running. Experience with troubleshooting PLC's, ladder logic, Fanuc, Mazak, Mori Seiki's, CNC's, machining centers. This is not a desk job,
The facility utilizes numerous automated systems including articulated robotics, dimensional and vision inspection systems, and automated CNC machining cells. The INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICAL - CONTROLS ENGINEER's primary responsibilities are to innovate, design, implement and continually improve equipment and processes to improve safety, quality and efficiency and reliability. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager and works with the Engineering and Maintenance teams.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive knowledge of electrical controls, automation equipment, PLCs (Allen Bradley), robots (Fanuc), pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and data acquisition. Knowledge and experience with CNC equipment is a definite plus. Stable job history required. Relocation assistance available.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities for automation or equipment improvements
- Design and implement automation and improvement solutions.
- Design and program data collection applications.
- Integrate new equipment;
Robot material handling
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Assist in the troubleshooting and repair of unplanned equipment failures.
- Ensure that all equipment is safe and functional for production operation.
- Assist Maintenance to ensure preventative maintenance procedures are designed, scheduled and performed safely and effectively to sustain operation between maintenance intervals.
- Communicates with all levels within the organization, including other members of the management team, engineering, supervisors and operators.
- Extensive knowledge of PLC controls – Allen Bradley preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Experience with articulated robotics (Fanuc preferred),
- Experience with servo motion control systems (AB preferred)
- Strong computer skills; fluent in Microsoft Office
- Makes safety a priority at all times
- Proven ability to effectively work with a maintenance, production and management teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent experience
My client offers excellent benefits including Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Group Term Life Insurance, 401K with company match, Paid Vacation, 13 paid holidays and more.