_Job may be located in Boise, ID or Des Moines, IA offices._
NATURE OF WORK
Take conceptual plant layouts and sketches and develop them into a set of working drawings that can be utilized to construct a facility. Design and prepare complete and accurate construction and fabrication drawings for industrial processing facilities and bulk/packaged material handling layout and design projects. Create 3D models of the steel components and equipment and produce bill of materials (BOMs) and a set of working fabrication drawings. Develop RFQ’s for the procurement of the raw materials necessary for the fabrication of the components.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with Project Managers, Engineers, Designers and Detailers to produce the following types of drawings for use by field and fabrication personnel:
- Site Development drawings
- Process Flow Diagrams
- Equipment Layout drawings
- Concrete construction drawings
- Steel construction and fabrication drawings
- Sheet metal fabrication drawings
- Optimize material and labor in designs of the components and equipment
- Industrial ventilation drawings (dust control systems)
- Able to work independently.
- Participate in design review meetings and report weekly progress for weekly project meetings.
- Provide input to estimating as to number of hours required to complete drawings for a project based on a given scope of work.
- Produce preliminary steel layout and minor platform design.
- Perform minor calculations for system design (surge bin sizing, spouting size selection, dust collection CFM requirements, and minor conveyor sizing).
- Maintain a working knowledge of construction and fabrication means and methods.
- Maintain a working knowledge of construction and fabrication nomenclature (i.e. weld symbols, rebar callout abbreviations, steel drawing abbreviations, etc.).
- Modify drawings as directed by engineer or architect at the conclusion of a project to match what was actually built in the field - “As-Builts”.
- Minor coordination with vendors gathering equipment dimensions & specifications. Check equipment approval drawings for fit within a system.
- Participate in the development of standard details and standard parts and components.
- Assist in coordination with vendors supplying materials to the facility.
- Assist in troubleshooting detailing and fabrication issues.
- Maintain project drawing files according to Bratney Companies standards and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES / SKILLS
Must be proficient with Bratney Companies current version of AutoCAD and SolidWorks. Must possess strong 2D drafting skills, 3D visualization skills and 3D modeling aptitudes. Must possess and maintain a basic understanding of building code requirement as it pertains to facility layout. Must be accurate, organized, self-motivated, cooperative, and possess a strong work ethic.
Work requires an educational background sufficient to design and modify electronic working drawings. Normally acquired through an Associate's Degree in Design, Architecture or a related field, with course work in computer-aided design. Must possess a working knowledge of industrial plant design and operation along with steel fabrication.
Prefer a minimum of three years of experience as a designer, preferably in the food/agricultural sectors.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location