Industrial Maintenance Reliability Technician
Sonoco – Neenah, WI
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Plant Engineer, the Industrial Maintenance Reliability Technician is responsible for achieving the highest level of reliability for plant equipment through performing tasks required to maintain equipment in ‘Like New’ condition and minimize downtime. This individual will use advanced training and knowledge to perform equipment/process/system maintenance, troubleshoot equipment, make repairs and identify opportunities. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. You must have a proven record of success in a fast-paced environment. You must have the ability to work with various teams and have a good eye to spot defects in the packing line. You will take pride in your personal hands-on and analytical abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail.
The Industrial Maintenance Reliability Technician (IMRTech) position has three levels (I, II, and Senior). IMRTech I is an entry level position that requires certification through Sonoco’s Apprenticeship Program or equivalent. While the subsequent job titles (IMRTech II and Sr IMRTech) have similar roles and responsibilities, it is recognized that lots of work activities are only experienced due to job occurrence rate and timing. Therefore the more time on the job, the more vast the work activities experienced and expertise grows.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Work to identify safety risks and to reduce risks in behavior, equipment and processes.
- Create, document and perform strong Preventive/Predictive maintenance tasks/procedures to eliminate equipment breakdown failures.
- Quickly and safely troubleshoot equipment issues and implement optimum corrective action. Communicate plan of action to prevent repeat issues and assist in documenting new procedures.
- Participate in proactive maintenance activities such as FMEA’s, RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action), Analytical Troubleshooting (ATS).
- Precision welding based on the required application.
- Skilled in shop tools: lathes, drills, milling machines, etc.
- Read and understand mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Technically skilled to Maintain, Troubleshoot, Repair, and Improve Reliability of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, piping, electrical and robotic equipment.
- Technically skilled to Precision Install mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, piping, electrical and robotic equipment utilizing OEM specifications.
- Develop, modify, read, troubleshoot and install PLC programs.
- Ability to promote to higher maintenance positions.
- Can promote, invoke and implement change where needed.
- Strong Communication and Troubleshooting skills.
- Strong proactive maintenance and reliability thought process.
Minimum Education Required:
- Associate’s degree in Mechatronics, Industrial Maintenance or related technical field.
Minimum Experience (Preferred):
- 4+ years of manufacturing maintenance or military experience in a technical work field.
- Mechanical and Electrical Minimizer testing with minimum score.
- WorkKeys Maintenance testing at passing score.
- Position requires working any and all shifts including weekend and holiday work as dictated by the schedule of assigned projects. Position may normally be on an off-shift (for e.g. 2nd and 3rd shift hours).
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family.
Apply today and help us get stronger!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00 to $34.00 /hour
- maintenance technician: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off