EV Construction, proud to be one of West Michigan's Best & Brightest Companies to work for 12 years running is seeking an additional member of our preconstruction and project planning team to work on a variety of new construction and renovations projects including the responsibility for construction cost estimates, preliminary scheduling, logistical planning, and prepare a project for execution.
· Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of cost estimate. Ability to recognize risk or incomplete information throughout the preconstruction process.
· Lead the development of construction cost estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
· Maintain and update department database with current and accurate pricing from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, industry data, etc.
· Work closely with executive and operations team members through the preconstruction process.
· Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
· Meet directly with clients and end users throughout the design process to develop and update preconstruction plans.
· Work closely with architectural and engineering partners throughout the preconstruction process
· Coordinate and build relationships with trade partners, suppliers, and design partners around the country.
· Participate in the handoff of preconstruction plans to project management and field operations
· Detailed takeoff, pricing, and coordination for self-perform scope of work including general trades, steel, sitework, concrete, firestopping, and interiors.
· Coordinate with self-perform trade staff to develop preconstruction plans, estimates and track/report project productivity results.
· Maintain excellent working relationship with trade partners and lead efforts to strengthen these relationships through mutual respect and collaboration.
· Identify opportunities for improvement and offer solutions to increase performance and achieve better results.
· Effectively communicate with team members, trade partners, architect & engineers, and clients.
· Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
· Minimum 4 year architectural, construction and or engineering degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or experience
· 5 plus years estimating, controls and/or engineering experience related to similar facility construction.
· 5 plus years preconstruction planning experience include development of schedules, logistical planning and direct client interaction
· Self-starter, with strong interpersonal skills required
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Outlook, Excel, Project, and Word required
· Proficiency in digital estimating software or a willingness to learn required
· Knowledge and proficiency in using Bluebeam, Procore, Building Connected, Sage Estimating, Microsoft Project, preferred.
· Advanced knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems essential.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Company's Facebook page: