SENIOR ASSOCIATE ENGINEER
Home Telecom is one of the largest independently owned telecom companies in South Carolina, serving various counties since 1904. Home Telecom is a rapidly growing company serving the Greater Charleston community including areas in Berkeley, Charleston, and Dorchester Counties. Home Telecom provides innovative technology through our state-of-the-art Fiber deployments to provide high speed Internet, HD Video, Security, Home Automation, and Phone services. Our team of highly trained employees are all committed to being the best and easy-to-do-business-with company. At Home Telecom, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of continuous improvement that celebrates integrity, innovative thinking, and dedication to consistently exceeding customer expectations.
JOB SUMMARY AND OBJECTIVES
The Senior Associate Engineer (OSP) is responsible for engineering, planning, design for expansion, redesign, or reinforcement of outside plant facilities for Home Telecom’s service area, and for issuing complete work orders including staking sheets, and all necessary permits to the construction department.
Designs and prepares work plans and detailed drawings for residential (private or large-scale development), and commercial projects.
Utilizes knowledge of copper, fiber, and coaxial communications system outside plant network design, and uses computer aided design (CAD), ESRI, GIS mapping and data collection to prepare detailed design drawings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for engineering, planning, and design for expansion, redesign, or reinforcement of outside plant facilities. Issues complete work orders including staking sheets, and all necessary permits to the construction department.
- Designs and prepares work plans and detailed drawings for residential (private or large-scale development), and commercial projects.
- Utilizes knowledge of copper, fiber, and coaxial communications systems outside plant network design, and uses computer aided design (CAD), ESRI, GIS mapping and data collection to prepare detailed design drawings.
- Locates buried cable.
- Other duties as directed by management.
High School diploma or GED
A minimum of 5 years on-hand outside plant (OSP) design in the following areas:
- Creation of detailed staking sheets.
- Permitting of buried and aerial facilities.
- Copper plant design for DSL services.
- Long haul fiber sizing and design.
- FTTH design for both Greenfield and Brownfield subdivisions.
- Experience using CableCAD, ESRI ArcMap, or other design, drafting, or mapping software.
- Working knowledge of noise troubleshooting and mitigation techniques.
- HFC plant design is a plus.
Clean driving record. Working knowledge of basic electricity. Detail oriented. Must work as a team member with individuals both inside and outside the company.
- Competitive Salary with Bonus Opportunities
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 100% Company Match 401(k) up to 5%
- Education Assistance
- Flexible Spending Account Plans
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, and Sick Days
- Employee Discount on Home Telecom residential services where available
Home Telecom does not discriminate on any basis of race, religion, national origin,
gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal
opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors. EEO
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Karen Lyngh at P.O.
Box 1194, Moncks Corner, SC 29461. EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,925.00 - $61,156.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- On the road